ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:32 am 

but deep inside I already new... I am not having any symptoms currently, but I think I might have had some a week or 2 ago. I feel so stupid and ashamed to be in my fifties and encountering this now... I had been celibate for 2 yrs and reconnected with some one I loved long ago; he told me and we took precautions, but not every time... I had promised myself that I would hold myself to a higher standard (re: being sexually active) if I was ever in a new relationship and I didn't and I have a lot of regret about that... I have a deep religious faith and I have even greater, deeper regret that I did not honor God in my actions...

I am also too busy to be able to grieve about this. I am concerned because while I am older I have a fairly young child (pre-teen) who is disabled, and I am concerned about the chances of spreading this through food preparation or my child eating food off of my plate etc. I know that may sound crazy, but my kid already has enough challenges. If anyone has feedback on this or links that they could send me I would be so grateful.

I know that I will get past this and learn to feel "normal" again, but I think it is going to take time. I could really use some encouragement today if anyone is out there...

Thanks,
still.love.God

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:17 am 
Site Admin

Hi there,

Thanks for posting. It isn't clear from your message what you were diagnosed with, but I can tell you STDs aren't easily transmitted through routine contact between family members. If you don't mind letting us know the specific STD that has you concerned, maybe we can discuss that in more detail.

Also, keep in mind that humans are very much sexual beings born with the desire, ability, and need to have intimate relationships. Being sexual with someone is a natural part of life for most of us.

Please feel free to post anytime and if you don't mind, let us know how you're doing.

All the best,
Fredo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:26 am 

Hi Fredo,

Thanks so very much for your reply. Was so emotional this AM that I forgot to say what - HSV-2. And in all honesty I am grateful that it is something that can be managed and symptoms treated.

I know that I am going to be OK because of my faith that all things work together for the good and because I can see how much I have overcome in my life already. I think I am just feeling it more because I am off this week and at home with my child and I do not really have time to sit down and have a really good cry... I also feel, in my heart, that I will overcome these feelings of shame and of just having been so foolish...

I believe I have ahd an ob under my nose. They were like pimples (acne) and *very* sore when they occurred.

Thanks, still.love.God

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]