ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:42 pm 

I'm 19 years old and I have Chlamydia. I was diagnosed with it since last year, and since then i only got one treatment for it. Not sure what it was. I was very stupid at the time I got, I was 18, had a boyfriend who I thought loved me. I thought sex would make him treat me better. He forced me to have oral sex with him and tht's where I got it. I hadn't sought treatment for it further as I am not working and no way am I telling my pearents. I need help. I cry every night and hardly sleep as i fear I wont hve children in my far future. Please reply to this as I have noone else to turn to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:57 am 
Site Admin

Hi swizzle,

Welcome to our boards and thanks for posting. Chlamydia is curable, and sometimes treatment consists of a one-day antibiotic (Azithromycin). Other cases are treated with a 7-day regimen, often with a drug called Doxycycline. Regardless, treatment is highly effective. It's just important not to have sex with a partner until they've been treated, too, even if they have no symptoms.

If you have any questions, ask the clinic that treated you. There may be some free/low-cost clinics in your area. City or county health departments, for example, can often help with this, as can Planned Parenthood (www.ppfa.org).

Women who never get chlamydia infections treated are at risk of having the infection spread to their upper genital tract, a condition known as Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID) that can impair fertility. This is by no means an automatic outcome and can usually be avoided with prompt treatment.

It might not be a bad idea for you to have a reproductive health check-up where you can talk about issues like this, and see if it's recommended you have a Pap test. Try the resources mentioned above. If you like, send your ZIP code to us at info@ashastd.org and we can search for a clinic in your area.

Take care and post anytime!

Best always,
Fredo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:52 pm 

Just to make u feel better....when i was 16 i lost my virginity to a man u gave me chlamydia.....dr gave me a meds...i took them and that was that....my son is almost 10 and im 31....relax....its ok

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]