ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: No Cure??
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:35 am 

I have seen 2 sources claiming cures for Herpes.
One is the book "Natural Cures they Don't want You to know about".

The other is at this web site,
http://www.resolveherpes.com/?gclid=COC ... DQodngxMFQ
I found this site by using Google // Genital Herpes - Cures
They are claiming that their Detox system will completely remove the virus and that a blood test will prove it. From all the medical society claims, this is not possible. However, there are many Holistic cures for many ailments that the medical society will not recognize.
What are Your thoughts on this and if this is false, why haven't they been removed from the web?
I appreciate Your input.
Bobbed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:43 am 
Site Admin

Hi Bobbed,

Thanks for your post. I think I'll move this to the herpes board, which is where it seems to more naturally fit.

There is no medical cure for herpes and I'm not sure how a blood test would prove much of anything in this regard, since the virus isn't in the blood to begin with.

There are many products and purported remedies out there, too many to monitor, and I guess it's hard to absolutely prove they don't work. I think Buyer Beware is the best caution here, and don't buy something that claims a miracle cure.

Best,
Fredo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:26 pm 

The FDA has no control over supplements as long as they aren' t harming anyone. They sometimes make recommendations to companies asking them to change their wording but pretty much when it comes to supplements - it's the classic buyer beware. It pays to do your homework too.

Cures they won't want you to know about is written by a fellow with a very checkered past if you ever want to google him. He is not a doctor. His book doesn't do research into backing up the claims of what is in it. as far as what he suggests for herpes - he doesn't list anything that a simple hour on the web googling wouldn't tell you however what he does fail to mention is that there's no research backing up most of what he lists as being effective and neglects to show what negative research there is too showing that it's ineffective and sometimes downright dangerous.

Don't be misled by a fancy looking website either. Paying $300 for vitamins is also just wasting your hard earned money. You also have to have a herpes WB prior to starting their product and get another one 90 days after completing their program for proof of infection if you want to try to get your money back if it doesn't work. Also note that they have the right to revoke the money back guarantee without notice too - how convenient.

betsy

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:45 am 

Fredo wrote:
Hi Bobbed,

Thanks for your post. I think I'll move this to the herpes board, which is where it seems to more naturally fit.

There is no medical cure for herpes and I'm not sure how a blood test would prove much of anything in this regard, since the virus isn't in the blood to begin with.

There are many products and purported remedies out there, too many to monitor, and I guess it's hard to absolutely prove they don't work. I think Buyer Beware is the best caution here, and don't buy something that claims a miracle cure.

Best,
Fredo

Blood Test not prove anything?

Why the contradiction? I have seen Betsyb1967 say that it is a must.
http://www.ashastd.org/pdfs/blood_test.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:33 am 

The blood tests we currently use for herpes diagnosis only look for the presence of protective antibodies for herpes once you've been infected, not actual herpes virus in the blood. Since herpes isn't a blood borne virus, a blood test won't tell you if you've cleared yourself of infection with it or not. I know, clear as mud eh? The herpes virus settles into the nerve ganglia after you are infected and we don't do biopsies of nerves to determine infection or not.

betsy

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:36 pm 

betsyb1967 wrote:
The blood tests we currently use for herpes diagnosis only look for the presence of protective antibodies for herpes once you've been infected, not actual herpes virus in the blood. Since herpes isn't a blood borne virus, a blood test won't tell you if you've cleared yourself of infection with it or not. I know, clear as mud eh? The herpes virus settles into the nerve ganglia after you are infected and we don't do biopsies of nerves to determine infection or not.

betsy

3 Questions.
1. Is it safe to donate blood and must we tell them of positive test, when donating, since it is not a blood borne virus?
2. Is it possible to not have "the presence of protective antibodies for herpes" in Your blood and still have herpes?
3. Is it possible that this Detox would only remove the protective antbodies?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:00 pm 

1. Is it safe to donate blood and must we tell them of positive test, when donating, since it is not a blood borne virus?

Yes you can still donate blood when you have herpes. No need to notify them that you have herpes either. The red cross requests you not donate when you have an active ob just because they want your body running at 100% and not trying to heal you while it's getting stressed from losing a pint of blood. You can also donate bone marrow and organs.

2. Is it possible to not have "the presence of protective antibodies for herpes" in Your blood and still have herpes?

Yes. A small percentage of folks will not test + on the blood tests we currently have and will still be infected with herpes. It's about 2-3% of folks so it's a pretty small percentage.

3. Is it possible that this Detox would only remove the protective antbodies?

no it won't.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]