ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Post subject: Harry Potter
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:19 am 
Site Admin

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince comes out in July and I'm a big fan. I've seen the trailer online and can't believe how much the kid who plays Malfoy has aged. He looks like he's middle-aged now! Well, not really, but you get the idea.

Any other Harry Potter fans? Betsy, I know you're reading the series again, so which book are you on now?

Fredo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:18 pm 

I finished re-reading them a few weeks ago! It was really nice to get back into the world of harry and his friends. I had forgotten so much! I actually read each book again and watched each movie after each book. Yes sometimes I have too much time on my hands....he he he

I'm looking forward to the new movie too! Even though I don't think the last couple have been near as good as the first 3, I still enjoy them.

betsy

Post subject: oh god
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:17 pm 

seriously i can not believe the hype over the harry potter movies. i really love the books so much, i used to be a real harry potter fanatic. But since the movies came out i feel that they are a pathetic attempt. Those who watch the movies without reading the books are missin out on so much. The only reason i go watch the movies is to show my true support of harry potter, but the movies leave so much out of the book it's ridiculous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 2:29 pm 

Oh I agree - the books are sooooooooooo much better. Lots of people though that will not read the books but love the movies. I just hope they don't totally screw up the very last one...sigh.

betsy

Post subject: have you heard!!!!???
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:02 pm 

have you heard that they are splitting the seventh movie into two parts to fit everything in? you know with the way they continue making the movies they are going to confuse the people who haven't read the books by including everything in the seventh one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:20 am 

I think that's just greed talking don't you? I don't think they want the franchise to end and want to keep making money off of it!! I think they could easily cut out some parts of the 7th book and get it into 1 2 1/2 hour movie myself. Oh well - like we have any control over these things as loyal readers/watchers :(

betsy

Post subject: ugh
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:17 am 

ugh yeah that probably is. but i dont' see why they couldn't do all the movies like they did lord of the rings movies. followed the books exactly. sure the movies would be a little long but they would be so cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:11 am 

Is there any websites for trivia concerning Harry Potter books and films?
I want to make up a trivia quiz for my daughters birthday party.It seems like theall the girls are into Harry Potter so Ithought that this might add to some fun.I cant make the questions up myself as I probably would have to ask the questions. The list of questions can be 40.Is there any Harry Potter buff fan out there that could make up questions?10 points to the person who cando this?