ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Think I have Chlamydia!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:55 am 

Hi!

I've had symptoms such as burning when I pee and conjunctivitis for over a week now. I have been to the GUM clinic and awaiting results but wil not get them until late next week! Everything I read online suggests that I have Chlamydia or Reiters Syndrome (mostly caused by Chlamydia) but I have never cheate on my girlfriend of over a year! I know she has been faithful aswell, but why should she believe me when I have to tell her?
Everything online suggests that you can have this for years before it flares up, so i think I've gotten it from past sexual experiences, my girfirned was a virgin before we met! Can anyone back this up or has had he same situation? I'm going mad trying to think of what I'll do if it comes back positive...i love my girlfriend very much and don't want to lose her because of something that happened before we were together.

Any help/advice would be great!

Johnny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Johnny,

What did the staff at the clinic think? I mean, did they offer an opinion as to whether or not there might be an explanation besides chlamydia? Burning urination can happen for a host of reasons, as can ocular irritation/inflammation.

Please check in and let us know what you find out!

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]