ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:08 pm 

Hi!

I am asking this question for a friend who is too chicken to ask it himself. (But is here in the room with me).

His boyfriend went to the doctor for some unusual bumps on his genitals and in the groin area. Turns out he has molluscum contagiosum.

This couple have been together for nine months now, and are monogamous. My friend's boyfriend says he picked it up from the gym. He does not use towels at the gym, he says he got it from a piece of gym equipment.

There were no lesions on his legs, just his groin and genitals. Areas that would usually be covered by clothing if you were on an exercise bike.

I know Molluscum is primarily transmitted by skin-to-skin contact. But how likely is it this guy picked it up from the gym? My friend is concerned his boyfriend may not be telling the truth, but obviously that's difficult to believe about someone you love.

My friend has no lesions, buy should he see a doctor? What can he do to protect himself while his partner is healing?

Also, about six months ago, the same guy picked up crabs -- and said he got it from a towel at the tanning salon.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]