ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: scratching
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:30 am 

Hi Betsy,

My husband is always scratching himself and I worry that if he does not wash his hands and handles our son he will transmit herpes. Is this possible?

Also, our son is 16 months old. If he were to get herpes at this age would he be okay? I am just ready to put my worries to rest knowing that he is old enough and has a sufficiently established immune system to protect him if he were exposed.

Thank you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:20 am 

If your hubby is sticking his hands down his pants to scratch bare skin, he should be washing his hands afterwards - and not just because of herpes either!!! if he's just scratching thru his clothing, not an issue.

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:42 pm 

Thank you Betsy!

Unfortunately had sticks his hands down his pants and thinks nothing of it. Freaks me out.

Did you see my question about our son getting herpes? At what age is it less of a serious illness versus just an inconvenience?

Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:37 pm 

Most kids his age who get oral herpes, will just get cold sores and not have any serious effects from it.

let me guess - hubby sleeps with his hands down the front of his pants too? he he he

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:52 pm 

that is assuming he wears anything. :-)

Thank you for your response on my son getting the infection. Would the same be the case for HSV2?

Thanks again!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:59 pm 

Your son is not going to contract hsv2 from you two so no worries there at all!!!

I work nights and I always laugh when I walk into a room and someone is sleeping with their hands down their pants - I just don't get it....lol.

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:53 pm 

lol I find my 3-1/2yo daughter sleeping with her hands tucked in the waistband of her pants most nights! Granted, they're not DOWN her pants like you see in guys, but it's still funny!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:09 pm 

my husband cannot keep his hands off himself. I wish it was just when he was sleeping. :-)

You say he will not get HSV2 from us, but what if my husband did not wash his hands and touched a sore?

thanks again!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:16 am 

If your husband has active symptoms he needs to be washing his hands after touching himself intimately like that. It's still really low risk if he doesn't wash up afterwards but it's just good hygeine in general.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]