ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:52 pm 

last year i was diagnosed with the high strain of HPV, however, i did have some lesions, which i thought were possible GW or skin tags, (i know you are not supposed to get GW from the high strain), but i am slightly paranoid, and i went and had them removed and the Dr. told me the lesions may "have turned into GW if left on long enough." this is after they had been tested. what does that mean, shouldnt it be, either they are, or they are not? it sounds as it they are guessing to me... i am taking everyones advice here....2 multi's, vitimin C, lycine, folic acid, green and white tea....and i even read somewhere where garlic will kill it in your body... so i load myself up with garlic pills. the only thing i cant seem to do is decrease stress.... its been in my system for at least 2 years because that is the last time i had sex...and i just want to rid myself of this because i feel so dirty... i am trying everything. please help me understand. i go back for my next test in jan. and am praying to God that it comes back negative. please give me any advice you have. i would appreciate it. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

I'm not sure what that means, either. A skin lesion that isn't HPV/genital warts doesn't somehow morph into that down the road. Maybe he meant it's really small and could have grown into a larger lesion that looks like a classic wart?

There is no medical cure for HPV, but the body usually clears the virus over time and good nutrition probably helps with that simply by supporting the immune system, not through attacking the virus. I have no knowledge of garlic and HPV, so sorry I can't help much there.

I assure you that you are NOT dirty and have done nothing wrong...but I can absolutely understand why you might feel that way! We tend to add a nice, big dose of shame and stigma to anything related to sex. The bottom line is virtually ALL sexually active people have HPV at some point in their lives: the difference between you and everyone else is simply that you received a diagnosis.

Best,
Fredo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:35 pm 

Thanks Fredo, but nothing is going to make me feel better until i get a negative result on my next test...and that is not until january. i just still do not understand what the results mean.. they do not make sense. i just switched dr.s to an OBGYN and she seems like she wants to understand this more and will be more willing be open about this with me. she is the one that removed the leasons. She did not think they looked like regular warts either and did not want to remove them at first. but new how worried i was about the HPV in my system, so she thought better to be safe than sorry. i thought they were skin tags, as that is what they looked like. i still think that is what they were, as i was not diagnosed with the low hpv...i hate the confusion. it will be over 2 years since this has been in my system in Jan. i just pray that it is out of my system when i take the next test. this is worse than college exams!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:38 pm 

Thanks Fredo, but nothing is going to make me feel better until i get a negative result on my next test...and that is not until january. i just still do not understand what the results mean.. they do not make sense. i just switched dr.s to an OBGYN and she seems like she wants to understand this more and will be more willing be open about this with me. she is the one that removed the leasons. She did not think they looked like regular warts either and did not want to remove them at first. but new how worried i was about the HPV in my system, so she thought better to be safe than sorry. i thought they were skin tags, as that is what they looked like. i still think that is what they were, as i was not diagnosed with the low hpv...i hate the confusion. it will be over 2 years since this has been in my system in Jan. i just pray that it is out of my system when i take the next test. i am hoping the power of prayer is working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:20 am 
Site Admin

Keep in touch and let us know how things go, and how you're doing. Post as often as you want!

Best always,
Fredo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:40 am 

Hi Fredo, i went for testing today. I ask for you to pray for me. They said it should take 3 weeks for me to get the results. I am praying that the HPV test results come back to be negative. It has been 2 years and 3 months since my last sexual experience, and i just pray that my body has ridden itself of this virus. I have gained a closer relationship to God and a better understanding of who I am as a woman and really want a new chance to start over in my life, and i cannot do that until i have cleared myself of this virus. I want to say thank you for your support. this really is a great site. Again, please pray for me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:21 am 
Site Admin

We're certainly thinking about you! Please check in soon to let us know how you're doing and what you might have found out.

Take care,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]