ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Confused..
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:10 pm 

Maybe I can try to sum all this up!

First off I am in a relationship with this girl for 3 years. I have always had unprotected sex with her. The girl before her I had unprotected sex with maybe about 5 or 6 times (only dated for 3 months)

Well at some point in our relationship (current) GF i started notcing skin spots right on the crease of my penis and pubic area. They didnt look like warts just like dark skin spots that I thought maybe I got from tanning.

Well looking at them more and knowing that my mom had skin cancer I went to the DR (Dermatoligist) and he looked me over and he said that there were warts (4 of them) and took one off for a biopsy.

The biopsy came back stating wasnt anything bad like cancer or anything and that he could freeze them off. He wasnt any concern that I amy have anything else but this is where the crazy ass mind comes in play.

I started think wonder if I got HIV or something?? Well I can tell you one thing I never have had the flu or any of those acute symptons mentioned for HIV but there always is a catch 22 (you may never get them). Wow that helps, so in discussion with my current girlfriend which I know 100% is being honest she said that in August of 2009 her pap came out normal, which for one is crazy because I would think what I have had would give her something at this time but hasnt as of now.

With the 3 years we have been together she has had tons of blood work done and just recently had blood work done for or life insurance and everything has cleared just fine. I am thinking well that great 3 years of unprotected sex and this is it.. Well I do some more searching and it says even though your partner is negative you can still be positive, here we go again.... Am I just over reacting here? I know you never "really" know without a test but i am so terrified of thinking I got this and my life just goes to crap. I just want to be out of this funk any help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

Hey oncelost,

Thanks for the post, and congrats for being smart enough to think about these issues and ask good questions.

Warts are usually harmless and are not a marker for HIV. Most anyone who's sexually active should have at least one HIV test, though, so that's a good idea. Consider using condoms with new partners, just as a precaution.

Let us know if you have other questions. Click http://www.hivtest.org/ to find a testing location near you.

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]