ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: 1 year later...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:35 am 

hello,
would like to thank this forum for helping me out when i was scared and confused the first time i found out i had hpv. for helping me understand hpv and know that i certainly am not alone.
its been a year since I posted and since diagnosis of hpv and since last pap test and cryotherapy. my og gyn told me to get a pap after 3mos but i never did. kept putting off getting pap test because have been too busy at work and a lil scared of what i may find out. cervix healed well a year ago. no warts or anything since i first got diagnosed. husband ( was my bf when diagnosed) has never had wart. the last two or three months though felt tiny immobile bump on r labia maj that didnt feel like a wart so ignored it. slowly grew but still ignored because never really bothered me. never went away and sometimes i would feel it sting a lil bit, but never enough to warrant a dr's appointment. today though it is suddenly inflamed and painful and is about 20 times bigger than it was this morning! i am freaking out. my husband and i had sex this morning, and maybe that triggered the inflammation somehow. i would rather have a wart than this. i am deathly scared of cancer. it looks like a painful red pimple or an inflamed follicle right now. i lived in a different country 2008, have never been to a doctor here in the US. would an OB Gyn be able to help me or should I go straight to a gynecologist-oncologist? i wish i never slacked off on the pap tests. all i think about now is cancer. :(
thanks,
loro

Post subject: Re: 1 year later...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:54 am 

i am very sorry to hear about your problem. i hope you find the right doctor for your needed treatment.

i'm actually looking for people to talk about my genital warts condition. i'm obviously too embarrassed to talk to my family and friends about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:15 pm 
Site Admin

Candice 123 - you're in the right place to chat about anything and everything related to HPV. Feel free to ask any questions or to just vent a bit if you'd like.

Loro - welcome back, and thanks for posting again. You've probably seen a health care provider by now but if not, a non-oncologist should be ok. I don't know what is most likely the cause of the symptoms you're describing; it's not very characteristic of HPV but of course only a professional in a clinic can sort that out for you. I can tell you that cancer of any sort is an uncommon outcome of HPV, and that regular Paps make that small risk even less common.

Let us know what you find out, if you don't mind.

Best to you,
Fredo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:34 pm 

Hello candice 123, hope you found answers to your problems by now as well. this forum has helped me a lot. you are not alone, and you do not have to be ashamed.

Fredo: im sorry it took a while for me to reply! I did go to a doctor (ob gyn) a week after i posted here. by then the red bump had gone away (took antibiotics). i looked at my older posts and remembered that it was folliculitis. the doctor reassured me that this is common in women. he checked me out and did a pap test. he said i was normal and that i was not dying of cancer (was paranoid i had cervical/ vulvar cancer,lol). pap test result came back normal as well. i will continue to get pap tests regularly this time. i appreciate your answer Fredo. i imagine you to be a guardian angel, for all of us scared and confused souls out here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for following up with us.

Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]