ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:31 am 

Last edited by athenalove on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:57 am 
Site Admin

This whole gw business is no picnic in the dating game. My swagger has flown out the window and now if I actually like someone I keep an emotional and physical distance for obvious reasons. I was totally crushing on this nice fellow but cut things off early because I didn't want to give my first ever disclosure about this. Plus, I'm super confused and get conflicting information about whether I have it or not (probably do thought it seems....). My ex-boyfriend had gw and we had unprotected sex for many months although it's been a little over two years since that relationship and I've never had an outbreak. However, after the first outbreak we used condoms although at times he wasn't honest when he had ones that I couldn't see and he would often just let them go instead of getting them treated.

How come some people with gw can have the virus and not transmit it to others? COUPLE OF THINGS TO CONSIDER HERE. COUPLES MOST OFTEN WILL SHARE THE VIRUS, BUT MOST PEOPLE WITH HPV (WHICH IS VIRTUALLY THE ENTIRE POPULATION, BY THE WAY!) NEVER MANIFEST VISIBLE SYMPTOMS, ARE NEVER DIAGNOSED, AND CLEAR THE VIRUS NATURALLY.Since I've never had an outbreak do I tell or not tell? IT'S DIFFICULT TO URGE YOU TO DISCUSS HPV WITH A NEW PARTNER SINCE 1) YOU'VE NEVER BEEN DIAGNOSED, 2) WE DON'T KNOW FOR CERTAIN YOU CONTRACTED IT FROM YOUR FORMER PARTNER, AND 3) EVEN IF YOU DID, YOUR NATURAL IMMUNITY MAY HAVE CLEARED IT BY NOW.Do I assume that I have it? Will it be possible to have children and not infect my future partner? When it's latent what's the transmission rate? Some say your body will eventually "clear" it for good. Is this actually scientifically proven and factual? IT'S PRETTY WELL ESTABLISHED THAT THE VAST MAJORITY OF CASES OF HPV CLEAR NATURALLY, YES, AND 90% OF HPV INFECTIONS ARE CLEARED WITHIN 24 MONTHS.

If a man gets gw frozen off and some of them aren't completely removed but eventually fall off are they still contagious after acid treatment? ONE OF THE FRUSTRATING ISSUES WITH HPV IS THE VIRUS CAN BE TRANSMITTED IN THE ABSENCE OF VISIBLE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS, AND THERE'S NO WAY TO KNOW AT WHAT POINT IT'S NO LONGER LIKELY TO BE GIVEN TO A NEW PARTNER.

I don't know how to get over this, and I don't want to deal with the rejection that comes with disclosing this. Your advice would be appreciated. YOUR SITUATION IS NOT UNUSUAL, IN THAT YOU'RE UNCLEAR WHAT TO DO BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW IF YOU HAVE HPV OR, IF YOU EVER DID HAVE IT, HAS IT BEEN CLEARED. I HOPE THE DISCUSSION POINTS ABOVE ARE HELPFUL AND GIVE SOME PERSPECTIVE YOU CAN USE. KEEP IN MIND THAT ALMOST EVERYONE WHO HAS SEX EITHER HAS, WILL HAVE, OR HAS HAD AN HPV INFECTION. IT'S SIMPLY PART OF BEING HUMAN.

FREDO

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]