ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:11 pm 

hi this is my first post in this forum,
Im 24 yrs old and had a baby boy in last july, and I had an abnormalpap ,showing mild dysplaysia hpv change , we are surprised because my husband and me are first to each other no relations with any one ,then we went for colo/biopsy ,she found a lesion did a biopsy and the result came out normal even for ECC also ,and told me to repeat pap in six months , we are very confused is everything ok wth me?

please help me,

thanks in advance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:01 am 
Site Admin

Hi ssr06,

Thanks for your post. Pap test results that indicate mild dysplasia do suggest that HPV is present, but keep in mind that Pap tests are not specific tests for HPV. If this isn't clear in terms of your case, ask your doctor if after the colposcopy/biopsy they think the lesion was HPV related.

HPV and any related lesions are seldom dangerous, especially if you go back for follow-up Paps as recommended. Going back for a repeat Pap at six months is typical in cases like yours.

Hope this helps. Please post again if you have more questions.

Best,
Fredo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:27 am 

Hello Fredo ,

Thanks for your reply ......
I strongly believe that I dont have hpv because we are from one of the Asian country where multiple partners is not allowed and no sex till marriage ,and I know about my husband very well he said that I'm the first to him , same in my case also ,so the pap result may be a false postive hpv or they just concluded it because it showed mild dysplaysia ,i want to know your response in this what do u think ?

Thanks,
SSr

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]