ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:40 pm 

You need to do some reading. It has been stated in a previous post of mine on here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:15 pm 

Take it easy there, boonie...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:50 pm 
thank you for your information , it's very good !!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:03 pm 

So a year and a half later .. do we have any updates on this ??

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:18 pm 

Hey Fredo,

Would this vaccine also cure hpv in other areas, such as oral hpv? Or is it only designed to cure the genital area.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:54 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Would this vaccine also cure hpv in other areas, such as oral hpv? Or is it only designed to cure the genital area?

The vaccine in question here is CICRVAX6, a tweaked version of the Gardasil vaccine that is designed to treat genital warts. The clinical trials with this vaccine, as I understand, investigated its value with lesions in the genital area and didn't look at how well it might help with, say, oral lesions or those found elsewhere. That's not to say it wouldn't have any value there, were it to work at all, just this wasn't the focus of the research. Were the vaccine to prove effective with genital warts, wouldn't be surprising for researchers to begin asking questions as to whether or not it might have an expanded use. But first things first, and no recent news I'm aware of re: genital lesions. Please feel free to post an update if you find one.

Fredo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:50 pm 

Whats the deal with hspe7? That was in phase III in 2006. Then they revised it a little for it to have more powerful dosage. I hear it is working with FDA on getting fast tracked on the market, but I dont want to put any false hope out there because that was what I read 2009. So it still be awhile. It seems like how everything is being said that it should be out fairly soon. Correct me if Im wrong but this one sounds like it targets most of the strains oppose just certain ones. Please add on to any findings. Also, I have been putting all the research I could find on here. Could someone please help me out here. I have not yet been dianosed with hpv, but fear I have it. I have four white patches on the head of my penis. Two seem to be noticable and then fade away, the other two cause me some irration, it feels like an exposed nerve or cold water being poured on that spot. Also, I have some areas on my shaft that are underneath the skin that are pea shaped and very hard. I can not pop them. Not sure if it is a cyst or hpv. I also fear I have some on my tongue. My tongue has a couple o f spots that looks a little wierd. On the side of my tongue. When I take a dry cloth to it what looks like long taste buds stand up, there is also two spots of this that are in a circular shape. I no this isn't a great explantion but any advice would be great. My dr.s keep dianosing with a fungal infection but I dont think that is what it is. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:03 pm 

Are there any updates here? i have been researching this topic greatly and can find no new news about these australian clinical trials. I am a man with oral HPV and am dealing with possible cancer. Time is of the essence.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:29 am 
Site Admin

I haven't heard anything about the HspE7 vaccine in a couple of years, so I don't know what to say. The company that was developing it, Nventa, merged in 2009 with Akela Pharma. Wish I could tell you more, but I don't have a status update.

I'll see if I can get in touch with them.

What's happening with you, if you don't mind me for asking?

Best,
Fredo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:52 pm 

Im just dealing with painful lesions and the high risk for cancer, and everywhere i try to research about these vaccines is dated 2006, 2007, 2008 and it is extremely irritating to be stuck in the dark.

If you could try to get in touch with them it would be wonderful, i appreciate your help tremendously.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:44 am 
Site Admin

Really sorry to hear things are painful, can only imagine how difficult that must be. I'll give Akela a call and see if there's any info I can share.

Take care and I hope you'll keep in touch to let us know how you're doing.

Best always,
Fredo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:04 pm 

Any luck?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:45 pm 
Site Admin

foxtrot1 wrote:
Any luck?

I did hear from an Akela executive and apparently there is no active research with their HspE7 vaccine, I'm sorry to say. They said they'd let me know if that changes, and I'll post any updates here.

Thanks,
Fredo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:30 pm 

Well that is discouraging.

Well they are not the only company out there working towards this, hopefully someone else knows about another possible therapeutic vaccine...?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2