ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: HPV & lymp nodes
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:47 am 

Hello there!

Happy new year and my congratulations for this forum.

Is there a link between lymph nodes and hpv?
I was diagnosed with HPV a year ago. 3 months ago I had sore throat and I was really bad sick, my GP here in London (I now live in the UK coz I am doing a MA degree) prescribed me with Nurofen. My right tonsil coming out remained, so before Xmas I did an ultra sound in my throat coz where it was discovered that a lymph node turned 35mm while the normal size is up to 5mm. Besides that, I have no other sympthom, no fever, no fatigue.
She put me on peniciline that doesn't seem to make any difference. So I am wondering if it's my mistake I didn't inform her I have HPV...

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: HPV & lymp nodes
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:47 am 
Site Admin

I think swollen lymph nodes can occur as part of the immune response to most any infection. I haven't heard a lot of folks mention it with HPV, but you can't rule it out. I suspect the enlarged nodes would occur near the site of the infection (say, in the anogenital area with a genital infection).

Sorry I can't help more, but let us know what you find out, if you don't mind.

Best,
Fredo

Post subject: Re: HPV & lymp nodes
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:50 pm 

Hello again,

Many thanks for your help Fredo. You were right. I've done a lot of tests and went to a lot of docs, from a gyno to a head and neck. I can confirm that there is no connection. The problem in my lymp node wore off, however when i mentioned the HPV to my doc, she was urged that I have more test. But they all agreed that they is no connection. However I do think that it could a theme for medical research. :)

Best,

Drama Queen

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]