ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: GW
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:48 am 

I was just told I have genital warts very disappointed in myself sick to my stomach- my Dr. told me they are just tiny little bumps nothing bis you can't even really see them. I did not get any info from her on gw so came on here and have learnt a lot. Mine as I said are tiny but they hurt and at times burn is this normal? I am going to see a NP this week and see what she says. I just want them gone I feel dirty!!! Also they made my labia swollen where they were I iced them and the swellen went away but the pain is still there. Can you give me more info on these warts?? Thanks!!

Post subject: Re: GW
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:26 pm 

did they also test you for yeast and bacterial infections genitally while you were there?

hopefully the visit to the NP results in better answers for you. Are you waiting to treat these at the NP's clinic?

betsy

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:58 pm 

I am going to see the NP and see what she says how to treat them. It very well could be warts but I want to make sure thats is what it is because I read places that they do not hurt and that is how i found these bumps was they hurt and were swollen. The swelling is gone and the bumps are smaller but still hurt and burn. Hopefully I will get more answers this week.

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:59 pm 

No they did not test me for any bacterial or yeast infections.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:32 am 
Site Admin

Warts usually aren't painful so this isn't common, but I will say that some folks on our boards have mentioned experiencing discomfort.So, not what you'd expect but it doesn't seem to be unheard of. Make sure you mention all your symptoms to the NP. If you don't mind, check in and let us know what happens.

Best,
Fredo

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:12 pm 

I will thanks for the information

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]