ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:45 pm 

I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who had success with treating vaginal GW. I have been using Aldara for two weeks, but my vagina is raw. Please let me know if any of you have used Aldara, or any other treatment, successfully for internal vaginal GWs.

Thank you.

Gail

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:16 am 
Site Admin

Hi Gail,

Painful reactions are not uncommon with Aldara, and I'm sorry this has been so difficult for you. Since you're in such discomfort, it might be a good idea to call or see your clinician promptly (in the next day or two) to see what they recommend.

The prescribing information for this product is online at
http://www.aldara.com/pdfs/aldara_ppi.pdf, and you might find it helpful. Section 2.3 on page 2 talks about side effects.

Please keep in touch to let us know what you find out and how you're doing.

Best,
Fred

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:20 pm 

Thank you, Fredo. I have an appointment at the end of the week with my doctor. I just can't see using Aldara for up to 16 weeks, have these kind of symptoms, plus not know if it's even going to work. I've also been getting frequent headaches ever since I started using it, and am not usually prone to them. So, I'm hoping she will do something different that will work faster and not have these type of side effects.

Gail

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:52 am 
Site Admin

Ok, please keep us posted.

Fredo

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:08 am 

I've had two treatments with TCA, and doc today said the GWs are gone. I just need to heal from the effects of the treatment. She cautioned me that they could come back, of course, but said I didn't need to rush back in if that happened unless they grew or caused discomfort since sometimes they go away on their own. I'm hoping, of course, that I will have seen the last of them.

Do experts think that it's possible to clear the strain of HPV that causes these warts as well as the high risk strains?

Thanks.

Gail

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:45 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Do experts think that it's possible to clear the strain of HPV that causes these warts as well as the high risk strains?

Hi Gail,

Yes, "low risk" infections are usually cleared naturally and long-term issues aren't common. Recurrences with warts, for example, happen most often within the first three months following treatment.

Thanks so much for the update. Please post again sometime!

Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]