ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:46 pm 

Hi Betzy and everyone,
I am female, 51, newly dxed with Herpes. I had several genital lesions with redness, tching, and pain with body aches in March and was not sure what it was until I started reading and went to the doctor. I have read on here about the different blood tests you talk about. Thankfully my doctor ordered many blood tests including the IGG and IGM.
My IGG HVS type 1 was 0.19 in the normal range. But the IGG HSV type 2 was >5.00 with a range of >1.10 as positive. She gave me Acyclovir and my lesions are gone and have not had them since. I have looked up several sites and believe in taking supplements. I started using garlic, L lysine, tea tree oil, echinacea...antiviral remedies. The stress at my work is very bad and I am on antidepressant, ambien, and talked my doctor into Xanax but might not get anymore. Just wanted to ask if it still sounds like I have herpes and any other info you can give me and others.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:42 pm 

your hsv2 being over 5 means that yes indeed you have it.

no need for all the supplements you are taking either. None of what you've listed really has any significant effect on herpes though of course tea tree oil is helpful for active lesions when you have them.

How are you taking your acyclovir? Did you just take it for your ob or are you on suppressive daily therapy?

do you have a regular partner? have they been tested yet to know their own status ?

betsy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:15 pm 

Hi Betsy
Thank you for the reply.
I took the Acyclovir for 5 days in March and stopped and had not had any ob since. But I have an extra bottle when the ob happens on hand.
I do not have a regular partner right now. We were dating for awhile and had sex in January and I started feeling sick in Feb. We broke up for other reasons. I do not know if I got this from him or someone else and if it was latent and now it has shown up.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]