ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Unusual symptom
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:21 pm 

I've been diagnosed with HSV2 about half a year ago, and I guess I've been dealing with it okay... I also had been diagnosed with BV several time (and have been told these go together sometimes), BUT now I have these weird symptoms and my appointment is several weeks away - please help me have a piece of mind in the meantime, I am so tired of being paranoid that something ELSE is wrong with me.
The symptom is this weird tingly, lightly burning sensation I feel on both of my lower sides (where the ovaries are?) This time it came after my period, together with herpes outbreak and discharge (yeast I think? or BV.. god, I don't even know anymore). I know that herpes symptoms could be this tingly feeling on your skin down there, but this doesn't feel on the skin, it feel like that inside. I've researched all over, i can't seem to find this symptom discussed anywhere, and it definitely is not a symptom for BV or herpes, right?
Has anyone had anything similar? What could this be?
It comes and goes btw, so it's hard to tell for how long I've been experiencing this.
Any help is greatly appreciated!! I haven't been feeling healthy for the past 6 months at all and doctors don't help much. :(

Post subject: Re: Unusual symptom
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:27 pm 

This doesn't sound at all like bv or hsv2.

could be gas, ovarian cysts, endometriosis or any number of things. since it comes and goes, following up on it at your next appointment is fine since it doesn't sound particularly bothersome either.

betsy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:31 pm 

thank you! this gives some peace to my overly paranoid brain :) so this is not something of urgent matter you think? Because some days it really does bother me, but then goes away... I actually did more research and quite few people write of these symptoms relating them to ovarian cysts.. so sorry for off topic, I guess it's not related to herpes at all. =/
question about BV and HSV though - which one can trigger the other? I think maybe if I can take care of bv, then I will have fewer outbreaks?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:10 pm 

bv is known to make herpes more active.

if this is still going on, give your provider a call and make an appointment to follow up on it.

betsy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:04 pm 

Hi... it's me back again. My doctor does not seem to have even a minute to listen to my questions, so I'll ask here again, thanks for all your help so far!
My most concern: Why is it getting worse??
1)I got tested for everything, hiv and other scary diseases as well - negative. They found I had beta strep bacteria and I was prescribed antibiotics, which helped at first, but it's back now I think. At the same time I was prescribed vyciclovyr, 500 mg. I read in another post that it's suppose to start working withing 5 days. But it doesn't help it seems, it's been 3 weeks!! For the past months I always feel SOMETHING on the right side down there, soreness, and I noticed recently that side is red and swollen inside and a few bumps on the mucous membrane. [so sorry for details]. So - is this an outbreak, but on the inside? My outbreaks before were on the skin outside. Why did it migrate over there, and how is this different (is it worse, harder and longer to heal?)
2) I've been taking the 500 mg pill in the morning and 500 mg in evening, is that okay to up my dose in hopes it'll help?
3) I experience that prodrome feeling a lot of times, but no actual outbreak (except the case right now). Is the medication suppose to take care of the prodrome as well?
4) In the past 2 months this "prodrome" sensation increased- burning, tingling on sides and spreading into legs. My doctor said, oh that's just enlarged lymph nodes, no big deal. Does herpes cause lymph nodes to swell? I read on Westover Heights Clinic webpage that it is a good sign that the immune system is fighting it... But I got herpes half a year ago if not longer, why is it "fighting" it only now?

Greatly appreciate your answers!!! My doctor just thinks everything is fine, but I haven't been feeling well in ...well, it seems like forever.
Anyone dealing with anything similar please share :))

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:28 pm 

this isn't your herpes only going on.

I know it's a pain in the butt but keep following up with your provider monthly if needed even to get checked to see what is going on. if your regular provider isn't giving you satisfactory answers, get a 2nd opinion elsewhere.

I wish I could help more but not everything is herpes and sometimes it's hard to break the vaginitis cycle in us gals and/or figure out what all is going on :(

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]