ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:58 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Shorty, good to hear from you and we appreciate the update. Feel free to stop by again to check in after your next office visit.

Take care and thanks for posting.

Best,
Fredo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:24 am 

Just had my colposcopy. Dr said she didnt see much, but she did do a biopsy. She just took one small sample this time, as opposed to several larger samples last time. She also did an ECC. Hopefully, everything will come back fine. My experience was much better this time. I took some ibuprofen beforehand, since I cramped up last time. I felt a little nauseous during the biopsy, but I think that had more to do with the fact I was watching the Dr and nurse. Once I stared at the wall, I felt much better!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:28 am 

Please let us know when your results are in! BTW, why did the dr want to do a colpo when your pap was normal? Just due to the HPV still being present? I have had three normal paps since my LEEP last March, but no HPV test yet. I will get that with another follow-up pap in November. I am hoping that the HPV infection has cleared by now. This is such a long process!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:56 pm 

She just wanted to do it as a precaution because HPV was present. I will definitely let you know when I get my results. I won't forget to update like last time! :wink:

I agree...this really is a looong process. For now, I will continue to get a pap every 6 months. Keeping my fingers crossed that they will all be normal, and the HPV clears itself.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:03 pm 

It is good that you are following up. That is the best thing you can do. Although I am not sure I could put myself through another colpo based on HPV alone. But my colpo experiences have been really bad :( You are smart though, there is this lady on another forum that posts quite regularly who had regular paps for decades. Well, her dr decided to do an HPV test (for no apparent reason other than she had never had one before) and it came back positive for HPV but her pap was still normal. This lady (not the dr) pushed for a colpo just to make sure everything was ok and it came back that she actually already had cervical cancer in the canal, which only the ECC would have caught (not the pap). I am not saying this to worry you - in fact, that kind of cancer it pretty rare, but if it wasn't for her determination and a "gut feeling" (she said) then her situation would have been much much worse as the cancer would have advanced undetected. Anyway, so kudos to you for keeping on top of the situation!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:18 pm 

I'd just rather be super cautious and followup as needed. I can understand you not wanting to put yourself thru another colpo, if you've had bad experiences though. For the first one, I was a big baby and I cried during the colpo/biopsy cause I was so stressed out about it. This time, I just decided not to stress out so much. My post-biopsy experience is a lot better this time around too. No cramps or nausea!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:59 pm 

Dr called today. Everything was normal!!! :D

I forgot to ask my Dr, but how long should I avoid pools? A week?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:32 pm 

That's great news! I thought for a colpo it was like only 2-3 days but for the LEEP it was much longer, like 4 weeks (until the follow up appointment). Now you can rest easy and enjoy the rest of the summer!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:42 pm 
Site Admin

Great news shorty!!!! :D

Hi OFG!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:10 pm 

Fredo wrote:
Hi OFG!!

Hi Fredo! Hope you're having a good summer!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2