ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:41 pm 

it's such a flawed test that you can't accurately say that yes it could be + because you contracted hsv1 genitally after having it orally already. you'd already have antibodies to fight off hsv1 so I don't think your body would have to make igm again against what it already has.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:12 pm 

Cool, thank you for clearing that up :)

So, where do you think this leaves me? Because I clearly don't have HSV-2 and I had the HSV-1 antibodies before so (if I'm understanding what you are saying) it's highly unlikely that I could contract it genitally AS WELL because the virus was already present in my body along with antibodies... It's been nearly a year since this whole ordeal... Could I just genuinely NOT have herpes 1 genitally and what I had contracted was some infection that has now passed?
I have had 2 full STD screens since then, 1 with the 1st set of tests and 1 in april along with a pap smear, and they all came back negative for any STD and I had an ELISA HIV test last Fri which came back negative as well... So I clearly test - for all STD's including herpes... I'm taking from that that my girl downstairs and blood stream is STD-free and healthy, what are your thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:52 pm 

I think it all sounds like it's fine and dandy at this point :)

Unless you get a recurrence of symptoms, no way to know just what went on. so many things other than herpes that can cause issues.

betsy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:40 am 

I can't thank you enough for your patience and kindness, this has been an ongoing horrific battle for nearly a year!!! If anything else happens I will let you know but (i mean this in the nicest way) I do hope that I don't have to chat to you again in this forum ;)

Thank you Betsy, I wish you all the best and you need to know that you are doing such a worthwhile and necessary thing in this helproom! I don't think I waould have had half the information I do if it wasn't for this.

Lots of happiness and peace your way

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:18 pm 

I frequently tell my patients I hope to never see them again :)

good luck!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2