ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:33 am 

so I(25 yr. old male) have been battling with GW for about a year now and so far the treatment I have gotten every month or so was to Burn off the warts and the use aldera. Well about 3 months ago I went to the doctor and I didnt have any warts(hooray) but she still wanted me to use the aldera, so I did. I went back yesterday and they had come back(meh). So this time we are going the freezing route, and we'll see if this has any positive affect. My question is this: she wants me to hold off on using aldera for a couple weeks to let it heal, but does anyone know if maybe it would be wise to use it while it's healing so maybe the aldera is more affective? I know one guy on here stated that he "damaged" the wart and used aldera on it, and it seemed to work well. He didn't recommend anyone doing it, but its kinda been in the back of my head. I just want to make some progress and I didn't know if anyone had any tips that seem to help them. Thanks for any support! :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

Hi and thanks for your post. Aldara can be irritating to the skin, so maybe she wants it to heal really well before using it again? Ask her before using Aldara earlier than she's recommending.

Plus, the Aldara may not even be necessary following the freezing (which is a procedure known as cryotherapy).

Let us know how it goes.

Best,
Fredo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:45 pm 

I shouldn't need to use the Aldera after cryo? Is Aldera just used to get rid of warts... not prevent them? I was under the impression from my doctor that using Aldera, even if there is no visible wart, should help them not come back. Is this not true? hmm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I shouldn't need to use the Aldera after cryo? Is Aldera just used to get rid of warts... not prevent them? I was under the impression from my doctor that using Aldera, even if there is no visible wart, should help them not come back. Is this not true? hmm

How in the world did you get all that out of my post?? :lol:

You were asking about the advice not to use Aldara immediately:
Quote:
My question is this: she wants me to hold off on using aldera for a couple weeks to let it heal, but does anyone know if maybe it would be wise to use it while it's healing so maybe the aldera is more affective?

Aldara is associated with lower rates of recurrence,, that's true, I was just pointing out maybe one reason it's being recommended not to use Aldara right away is to let the skin heal after the other procedure (Aldara can cause irritation, etc.). Plus, you may simply not need additional treatment. Ask her if you have any questions, she can tell you the reasoning behind her advice.

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]