ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:24 pm 

I'm finally completely off the meds! Yay! All in all I feel better. But, I'm wondering how long before the side effects completely subside? They have been less, but not gone completely. I've been off off for about 9 days.

Tingling Fingers/Arm/Feet/Leg: They don't tingle as much, or as many. But, about 3 days after one of my fingers tingled worse then I have ever felt! It felt like an intense pricking - like something was going to erupt. But, nothing ever did. A week later, still tingles but not as intense.

Hair loss: Will it ever grow back? I am still losing a handful of hair with each shower!

Good news: I do have color back in my face and overall feel much better.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:51 am 

The medication is all out of your body by now.

depending on what triggered the hair loss, depends on how long until that stops. if I recall you had followed up with the basic testing for that right?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:43 pm 

Yup, the Dr.'s can't find anything wrong at all. Which leads me to believe that tingles are either caused by herpes or side effects from the meds. I had never felt so much pain in my finger after stopped the meds. It wasn't the usual tingle. I thought something was to go shoot out of it! But, never a blister. Just tingles for a good week...

I'll keep an eye on the hair, today I seemed to have lost much less. The tingling scalp is still there on and off though. Can't wait to feel normal again!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:49 am 

Did you ever follow up with a neurologist at all? I can't remember at this point.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:50 pm 

yup, no one can find anything. although, i will say he wasn't that thorough. but, i can't get another referral at this point.

the fingers tingle every once and awhile now. it's the scalp that is non stop.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:45 pm 

you try anything like a tea tree oil shampoo or anything for the scalp issues?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:17 pm 

I tried dandruff shampoo...didn't help. I'm allergic to tea tree so that won't work :-)

You still think the scalp is not herpes related? It's just odd that it started right after the finger tingling and washing the hair...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:19 pm 

correct - I don't think what is going on on your scalp is related to your herpes at all.

probably not a good idea to use tto if you are allergic to it !!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]