ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:28 pm 

I was wondering if anyone knew the difference between the two vaccines coming in out the next couple of years : difference between CICRVAX6 vs. hspe7? I have read that CICRVAX6 is being created by Professor Ian Frazer the man behind the gardisal and cervarix. So with that being said there should be some comfort for a working product. However, it is only designed to treat certain strands of the hpv virus. Well, actually the same strands that his earlier vaccines treated against. I heard that may of 2012 it would hit the market. Not sure if that was in America or Australia. Then there is hspe7 that I have heard mixed things about. I have heard it is coming out next year or late this year and it clears all strands from the DNA. Then I have heard it only treats a few. And it takes up to 24months to fully work inside and outside of your body. Can someone tell me more about these two products. Like which one has a more promising cure. And is it a cure? I am really trying to stay positive and find out info. Also, what ever happened to this research AAV-2 kills HPV in 6 days without harming healthy cells? Please respond. I really need some help. Thank you

One more thing, can you pop a wart or is that not possible. I have had some spots on my penis that were hard bumps, but when I applied of pressure I would have some liquid come out of it. One of them was clear and the other was kind of like the crap that comes out of a zit. Can someone answers this for me. I know this message has alot of random stuff in it, just trying figure it out. Thanks

Last edited by lonelyjohn on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:27 pm 

what? a cure?!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:05 am 
Site Admin

I don't think any therapeutic HPV vaccine currently in development would offer a cure, but they may have value in treating lesions (like warts) caused by the virus.

I haven't heard any news about CICRVAX6 for awhile, so I'm not sure where they are in the research. You're right in that this vaccine is a tweaked version of Gardasil, and would be designed as a means of treating genital warts.

hspE7 vaccine is another one where I don't have recent news. Researchers were doing trials with this vaccine to see how well it worked in treating HPV-related lesions of the throat, as success there would have been a quick route to market for them. They also looked to see if the vaccine worked in helping cervical precancers regress. I'm sure the vaccine has potential with other HPV diseases, too, just not much to report. If you or anyone does find out anything, please post an update.

Best,
Fredo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:33 pm 

What does that mean then. Would they only be a cosmetic medicine then? Would it be hpv's version valtrex? I'm not really understanding this then. Some of the research stated that it would clear hpv from the dna. Or did I read something wrong. Im so confused.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:34 am 
Site Admin

Hi again John,

To be honest, I can't answer your question. I suspect the purpose of the vaccine is to treat HPV-related lesions...that is, to remove genital warts. Way back when, I actually swapped an email or two with the manager of these clinical trials and asked much the same question that you're posing (because someone had come on these boards to ask it!). I didn't get a "yes or no" kind of answer, probably because it wasn't proven or well understood just what it all means.

Keep in mind that even if no intervention of any sort is done, the vast majority (90% or better) or HPV infections will clear on their own in a year or two, sometimes not even that long. This means they virus can no longer be detected with DNA tests, even though it may exist in an undetectable, latent form within cells. For all practical purposes though, it's "gone". Perhaps the vaccine can do such a good jump of stimulating the immune system that it enables this natural response and in a way, does kinda sorta clear the virus.

This is all me rambling, nothing official and I am not privy to any insider info. Hope it helps though!

Best,
Fredo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:58 pm 

Hey Fredo,

Thanks for responding,

I kind of thought the same thing. That it may just work the same way as if your could fight it off. Its a little sketchy though. most of these companies make it sound like the vaccine could take as long as year to work. And even with the vaccine you would have to have some type of removal done to preexisting one. I am very new to this virus. I have just learned a month ago that I probably have the virus. It really sucks that they do not have test for men yet. I have been seen by 4 drs. and they all tell me that I am fine, but I know different. I have had things down there that have been going since I had a one night stand that were not there before. Im freaking out. What can I do to get some answers. I have been to four drs. and one was a derm. I am currently trying to work things out with my ex. and I do not want to give her anything. Also, does anyone know if this vaccine to help with gw will also help with oral hpv? Also, does anyone know if these companies or research would do anything for us: such programs peregrine pharmaceuticals, Dr. Bloom, Dr. Cullen, these researchers are working on meds for vaccines or even cure for herpes and other viruses. I was wondering if these would beneficial to us. Some of these are not to far from the future. Please if you dont know at least take a look at it. I have tried picking some peoples brains. I haven't had a chance to write any of these companies yet.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]