ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:18 pm 

I was exposed last year to a partner that I later found out had HSV1 & HSV2. This was a one time transgression where I recieved oral sex, and kissed her. I developed some soreness and rawness on the meatus of my penis and what I thought was a cut on my top lip. I am not sure if the sorness on the meatus was due to herpes or from me putting crap on it trying to self diagnois and medicate. I also experienced back pain and an incredible amount of sensitivity to my clothes on my thighs, buttocks and back. This was all before I knew my partner had herpes. I have tested so many times and I am learning that the IgG test are not so sensitive to HSV1 ... I know it misses 1 out of 10. I I have tested the following

7 weeks IgG
13 weeks Western Blot
16 weeks immunoblot
31 weeks IgG
41 weeks western Blot

All negative for HSV1 & Hsv2

About five months ago I got a sore on my lip line which never blistered however it did hurt, tingled for 3 days and finally it healed but it never had a yellow crust or a hard scab. I tested 4 weeks after this appeared and 14 weeks. I was nto abel to get this cultured . The thing that is killing me here is that it get numb through a course of the day. I think it was a cold sore and I have PHN fom it. The numbness and pain comes in varying degrees. How can I possibly get an accurate read if I have herpes if the blood test are nto accurate. Should I have a PCR swab done to see if I am shedding. Can they take CSF and do a PCR.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:34 pm 

the odds that you have hsv1 with all those negative tests is rather low. even though they aren't as good at detecting hsv1, the odds of really having hsv1 with multiple negative tests is low.

At this point it's probably safe to stop thinking herpes - both orally and genitally. Follow up with a dermatologist and try to work them to try to get a better idea of what is going on at this point.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]