ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:39 pm 

I had a Bacterial infection. She ran a culture and I did indeed have a BI. So she gave me meds to take for 7 days. She also tested me for Gonarria(sp?) and Clymidia(sp). Then they ran some blood work. I was sent home, worried but at ease for getting it Checked out quickly.
4 days later I get my results, which with what I've been reading seemed awfully too soon! Anyways, the nurse said my other tests were negative but I tested positive for HSV-2. My world came crashing down! I wish I would of paid more attention to the result numbers she gave me and I have called thr office back today for someone to contact me about those. She did say I was recently exposed to the virus.

My questions are:
Since the test results came in so quickly and having a BI on top of that, could there be a possibility the test is wrong? Should I get tested at a later time once the infection has healed??
I have not had an outbreak or any symptoms of any kind. I did go ahead and start Valtrax today though!

I went ahead and told the guy I had the fling with and he is going to get tested, should I wait till his results to come in to get tested again?

I know I have nobody to blame but myself for being so stupid and not being smarter!!

Also is it possible I could of still been positive when I tested negative back in July?

Sorry such a long question, just feel so helpless and stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:46 pm 

I'm not sure why it cut out the first part of my message:

I was just tested for HSV-2 and it came back positive. I had a fling with a friend, 5 days later I noticed a large pea sized lump on my labia majora. If did not hurt, did not itch, no burning, not red....more interal than on the surface. I squeezed on it some and got it irratated. Later that night I squeezed it again and some white thick pus came out, much like a zit. I made an appointment at my GYN the next day! The nurse prac. I saw said it didn't look like herpes, said I appeared to have a Bacterial Infection.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:45 pm 

definitely call tomorrow and ask them to read the blood test results to you, write them down and post them for me - e.g. hsv1 igg 3.4 and hsv2 igg 2.3 or whatever they are. I can better help you with that info.

it only takes 4 hours to run the herpes igg blood tests. getting results back in 4 days isn't worrisome at all and in fact they could've been back much sooner than that!

betsy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:18 pm 

Hello Betsy,
They called me back just now with the results and said the igG results were a 2.23. I'm guessing that's not very good :(

I am so scared now

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:43 pm 

That's actually a low positive and needs confirmed with further testing.

At this point you can just wait and repeat your blood test 3 months after you last had sex. have you talked to your friend about this and asked them to test too?

betsy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:03 pm 

Yes ma'am! I told him right after I first got the phone call. He was very understanding and just as upset as I was, he said he had never seen any signs or symptoms of a OB either. He said he was scheduled next month to have a physical and I told him he should try to make an appt. ASAP! I told him to let me know when he made his appt and what his results are!

I really can only hope and pray in 3 months that something was wrong with the test.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]