ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:48 am 

i have herpes type 2 and if my eyes get infected with this virus then what is the best choice for eye medications that i should take to combat getting loss of vision?? i am plannig to see an opthalmologist as soon as possible.i have read many articles about herpes and it says it can do damage to your liver and other parts of your body. what other parts of your body do you have to check???? this virus tried to damage my liver then i took milk thistle and it worked after 2 weeks and all my liver tests went normal. but will milk thistle work again for my liver?? what other herbs are also good for my liver??

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:45 am 
Site Admin

Hi bostich,

Herpes actually very seldom causes complications, and I'm not familiar with liver damage associated with the virus. In rare, rare cases there can be issues with systemic infection, but keep in mind that most people have some type of HSV infection, and for the vast majority of them such things aren't a realistic concern. Of course, do ask your health care provider if you have questions or concerns, and they can tell you if you need to do anything.

Ocular herpes is most often related to an oral herpes infection that activates and takes a funny nerve path that leads to the eye. Here again, this isn't common, as fewer than 5% of those with recurrent oral herpes experience this. There are various approaches to treatment, depending on the specifics of the case, and can include oral antiviral medications and steroidal eyedrops. Severe cases may necessitate surgery; again, this is not common.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]