ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:16 pm 

Hi,

I would like to know if I was to meet someone with the same infection "H". But one partner has a more severe infection and I don't have a severe infection, can I get a more sever infection from the other partner?

Anita

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:22 pm 

there's really no difference in the severity of illness that is caused by particular sub types of hsv2. it's actually more of a genetic issue and other factors as to whether you'll have frequent recurrences or not.

you won't get herpes "worse" if you have a partner who also has hsv2.

betsy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:34 pm 

Hi Betsy.

I have been getting to know a man with "H'. He told me he breaks out on his face also. I am concern about getting it on my face. Do you know about this?

Anita

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:04 pm 

you have to find out if he has hsv1 on the face or hsv2. if he's never had it cultured to know, it's well worth doing for him.

will you contract herpes on your face now that you have it genitally? not very likely at all. once you have hsv2 on one body part, it gives you significant protection against contracting it on other body parts later on.

terri warren's book "the good news about the bad news" is a terrific book available through amazon. well worth checking out :)

betsy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:15 pm 

Thank you Betsy, It is good to know I wont get "H" on my face from someone else if I already have HSV2 on other part of my body.

About the book you mentioned. The good news about the bad news. I don't purchase on site. I don't have a credit card but I wonder where else I can find it without people knowing it.

Anita

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:20 pm 

I'm sure if your local bookstore doesn't have it in stock they can order it for you to pick up at their store :)

you also can use your checking account on amazon too!

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]