ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:58 am 

Please consider sharing your story with The Helper, ASHA's quarterly newsletter on herpes. In each issue of The Helper, we feature a column called Personal Perspectives, where individuals just like you share their experiences managing genital herpes, discuss relationship issues, and offer support and advice for others.

We'd love to hear from you and have you share your perspective in a future issue. Unless you choose otherwise, all stories shared are entirely anonymous. If your story is included in a Personal Perspectives column, you will receive a one-year free subscription to The Helper online edition.

The Personal Perspectives column is a favorite of our readers . . . probably for some of the same reasons that you turn to this message board. People enjoy reading stories of others whose experiences are similar to theirs and benefit from hearing from others facing the same issues, fears, and questions. Your story, your perspective, can help others. Please consider sharing it with The Helper.

If you are interested, please send an e-mail to thehelper@ashastd.org. Every submission will be acknowledged, but we may not be able to print every story. Thank you for your willingness to help others by sharing your personal perspective!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:32 pm 

i would love to help.....i am 31yrs old...female...ive had hsv2 for 3yrs....hsv1 of 9yrs....ive been in a long term relationship with a non hsv partner for 2yrs...ive just recently joined this site...i used to belong to mpwh...that was a big help when i 1st found out about my hsv2....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:17 pm 

I just found out 3 weeks ago that I have herpies.

Last edited by Lilmoon on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:20 pm 

lilmoon - why don't you start a new post for yourself and post your test results there so I can make sure you were properly tested and offer some advice for you and your partner - thanks!

betsy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:29 pm 

They just said it was positive. I didn't think it mattered what the results were. You either have it or not. I had them destroy the results.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:19 am 

Actually it's not that simple. There are false positive issues and since you didn't have a lesion culture to confirm your status, getting a 2nd opinion on your blood test results is a good idea to see if you need additional confirmatory testing done or not.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]