ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: And the results are in!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:57 am 

Ok here are my results.

this is a type specific and will differentiate between hsv1 and hsv2

so I had something on my "back door" and one on my "peach" and I am currently on supressive med not valtrex but the 2x a day one. But it's getting worse not better. I did have a cold sire in my mouth a week or so pryor to this test. Does that make a difference? They said they were just testing for 2.

Last edited by Lilmoon on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:08 am 

I think your results didn't post for some reason. I don't need the scale for interpreting results, just the actual numeric results - e.g. hsv1 igg 5.4 and hsv2 igg 1.3 or whatever your results are. Just post that part - thanks!

betsy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:17 am 

Sorry I don't know how to read this thing. Is it the # with the H behind it?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:21 am 

HVS 2 IGG, herpeselect
type specific AB >5.00

does it matter that I had a cold sore a week before?

I am also on the acyclovir 2x a day and it's getting worse. I have a new one already and it's been a few days on the med.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:34 pm 

thank you - that's the info I needed.

your hsv2 igg is over the usual false positive cut off so really no reason to confirm your hsv2 status. always worthwhile to check them especially since you have hsv1 which can cause false positives.

no, having a cold sore doesn't affect your hsv2 results.

have you been tested for yeast and bacterial infections vaginally recently?

betsy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:04 pm 

No I am in the process of making an apt for a pap and all. I'm sure I don't. I'm familiar with the tell tail signs. I wondered if I could bump up my Meds for a few days. I have another script for the 5x a day for a week but what's the difference if I'm already on it?

I'm also thinking of taking care of this homeopathicly. Thuja 30x. Or sepia 30 for woman before their period. Maybe some accupuncture too

they are little slits. Like my skin is breaking. Now that I know what it is I realize it's not my first ob. I've had one little spot before on my peach and one on the back door a few times. But all of a sudden I know what it is and taking meds and blahhhh I'm busting out all over. They used to just go away with a little neosporin.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:38 pm 

slits in the skin can be herpes or they can be many other things like damage to the skin from yeast infections, irritation or even from a lack of estrogen in the genital skin that leads to easy tearing. definitely following up on this with your provider is a good idea.

when you have an ob ( or suspect you have one ) , you increase your acyclovir to either 400mg 3x/day for 5 days or 800mg 3x/day for 2 days. both speed healing of lesions at the same rate so typically the 2 day increase is the easiest. If the virus is active enough to cause symptoms then you need that little extra acyclovir to kick a little herpes butt!

betsy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:05 pm 

Thank you so much for your help. I'm going to try the 2 day because it's been bothering me all weekend. I'm over it!!! Girl stuff coming in 10 days. It could be messy. Will schedule my pap after my period.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:52 pm 

you can also try applying a barrier cream to these too to see if that helps - aquaphor, desitin or a&d are all helpful. They will protect the skin as well as help it heal regardless of the cause.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:57 pm 

So excited. Called my homeopathic nutritionist. And we have me squared away with a remedy to get rid of this for good! I think this is why I was so devistated, because I fed into the "manage this" "for life" "deal" and all the rest of the stigma. Feeling dirty and unattractive. I refuse to live like that! I believe the body can heal itself! For a moment I forgot that's all. I'm just glad I remembered. Just had to vent. Thanks! Hugs! :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:54 pm 

If your nutritionist is telling you you can get rid of herpes forever, they are leading you on or at the very least greatly misinformed :( Or did I misunderstand?

betsy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:00 pm 

Not misinformed. Gone for good. I'm not using herbs. Very strong homeopathic remedies. I will give an update in a few months.

I've used him before for other things like cysts and bell's palsey.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:14 am 

don't you think if anything really worked to get rid of herpes forever, we'd be telling everyone about it?

betsy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:31 am 

No but maybe you will soon.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]