ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Redness caused by aldara
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:16 am 

This is...a very weird question but I hope you can all see what I'm trying to describe because...to be honest, I'm quite stupid when it comes to parts of a penis.

My warts are located near the gland area, slightly under the head. I apply aldara every alternate day, 3 times a week. I noticed that my penis' head is reddening, but not the gland area. Is this normal? I read that areas outside of where the aldara is applied can have redness too, but...is this normal?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

It's not unusual for Aldara to result in both application site and local skin reactions, so the irritation doesn't have to occur exactly on the spot where the cream is applied.

Let you pharmacist and/or health care provider know what you've experiencing. If the reaction is serious enough, sometimes they have you stop treatment until it heals. Talk with your doctor/nurse first.

Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]