ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:37 pm 

Alright here's the situation. In OCtober I got tested and was clean. Since then I have had unprotected sex on one occasion with one person at the end of January. About 18 days later I had some discharge for a two days and then it appeared as though i was spotting between periods I thought because of my birth control, although it did have an odd odor. After a week or so of it not going away even though I was taking the pill consistently w/o missing I became increasingly concerned. I had no other symptoms, no pain urinating, NOTHING. It was time for my anual physical so i went in for my pap smear. They called the next day and said i had a bacterial infection and prescribed cream for 5 days to clear it. I started the cream and a few days later I got a call with the full result of my tests. I tested positive for clamydia AND gonorrhea! I got it treated by getting a shot for the gonorrhea and the 2 pills azithromycin... I was told to continue with threating the bacterial vaginosis because that is seperate. I finished the cream and am now on my period, I can't really notice any other symptoms but I think its cleared. I have a few questions...

I'm so convinced it was the person I slept with resently, however he is denying it, says he can show me his health report. (He's military and he takes different govt jobs, i think he is goingto be deployed soon for a long period of time.) I really want closure about this before he leaves. The only shadow of a doubt here is that I had sexual contact with someone else 3-4 days BEFORE my test in october. We did not have sex but our genitals touched for a short period of time. I refused to have sex with him bc we didn't have a condom, so if that's how easy it is to get something, OMG I'm really freaking scared! How likely is it that I could have gotten it from this and would that potentially been missed by my test in october because it was too soon to be detected? The partner from october has moved out of state and has been in a relationship with someone else since november and I dont know how he will respond if i contact him about this and if he will even be honest.... I guess I want know how strong of a possibility it is it coudl be him before i open that door... I even talked to my partner before all this in case my negative test in October was inaccurate and he is clean. I really want to know how i got this...I can get over the fact I got it i'm just so hurt bc I feel I'm being lied to! I'm just so frustrated and I have no one to talk to about this, any help you can give would be great.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:04 pm 

You are very unlikely to have contracted gonorrhea and chlamydia from the partner a few days before your std testing in october.

you might never this out - what's important is that you were treated to protect your future fertility. are you still involved with the partner you recently had?

betsy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:22 pm 

No, we are not together because he has to be lying about his status. I'm not sure whether my symptoms were from the bacterial vaginosis or the stds, but its too ironic that they developed shortly after sex with him. I cannot stand dishonesty, especially about something so serious. I guess I did not mention this above but he and I were together in July-September kind of on and off thing that started again recently. Well its now off for good!!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:00 pm 

well hopefully he goes and gets tested again to see what his status is so he can be treated and not keep transmitting infections to others.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]