ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:40 am 

I have three questions.

My partner and I were recently diagnosed with HSV2. If we have sexual relations with each other when we are shedding can we spread the outbreaks to other areas of the genetals, anus.? Both of us had our initial outbreak on the shaft of or penises. This is the only place that either of us have had an outbreak.

If I was shedding with no signs of out break could I have givin this to him by using my hand to play with his penis? Or by giving him oral sex?

Can I get genetal herpes in my mouth by giving oral sex when partner is not broke out?

Bob4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:19 pm 

even though you both so far have only had obvious lesions on your penises, the entire anogenital area is infected with it. You already have it anally. It's the same group of nerves.

if you both have hsv2, it's only a comfort issue. You won't make each others infections "worse" or anything like that. Just avoid sex when it would be painful to engage in it.

you aren't likely to contract hsv2 orally either since you both have it genitally. Just err on the side of caution and don't perform oral on active genital lesions.

how were you both diagnosed?

betsy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:28 pm 

Blood tests.

Thank you Betsy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:34 pm 

Do you only shed from area that has had an outbreak?

Can I cause him to have an outbreak in another area or will that just happen if it is going to?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:14 pm 

so neither of you had lesion cultures done?

do you mind calling next week, getting your blood test results and posting them here so that I can be sure that you were both properly tested? all I need to see are the actual numeric results, e.g. hsv1 igg 8.7 and hsv2 igg 2.9 or whatever they are. thanks!

ob's can occur anywhere in the entire boxer short area as we call it. Overtime ob's probably will not be in the same area.

betsy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:49 am 

Thank you Betsy,
The test results I have dont have a number. I got them from the Doctors office. The sent my blood to the Mayo Clinic to be tested and this is what it said.
HSV Types 1 and 2 Ab, S
HSV 1 Ab, IgG, S Negative
HSV 2 Ab, IgG, S Positive
HSV Ab, IgM, by EIA Negative

There were no numbers on there.
I don't have my partners results.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:39 pm 

because of the potential false positive issues with the hsv2 igg blood tests, it's probably a good idea to repeat your blood test with a different test. Your provider can try calling the lab to see if there are numeric results to report or not too. Sometimes labs get numeric results and only report with + or - , while others use tests that only report with + or - and no numbers.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]