ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:10 pm 

I recommended you try the acyclovir because usually it makes folks feel less sick than the valtrex does, especially if you try the 200mg 3x/day dose. Stopping the herpes from being active should help you feel better as well as if you are still having pain after a week of medication at this point, odds are it's a non-herpes issue going on so it'll help you and your providers get to the bottom of things better.

obviously if you don't know you have active lesions, no way you can avoid having oral sex performed on you. was referring to if you have an active ob that you are aware of, don't perform oral on it.

Active herpes lesions on your cervix won't cause cervical cancer. Cervical cancer is not caused by herpes. Either your first ob is still running its course or what is more likely, you are already having a recurrence which is also common at this point.

hope you are feeling better soon!

betsy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:51 pm 

Betsy - I'm still having symptoms about every two weeks. I get ill, have a temp. have the nerve pain, sometimes a bump sometimes not... I recently learned I have kidney stones which might explain why I cant take the Valtrex... I know my autoimmune diasese is probably why this is so bad. I get very mad aout it.. I wish there was a frakin doctor that had a clue how to help me..... aaarrghh...

J

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:43 pm 

I wish I had something to tell you at this point but really I don't have any additional advice to offer. You'll need to continue following up with your providers as needed to try to get to the bottom of all of this.

keep us updated on how things are going :)

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3