ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:47 am 

Well 3 years later and I still have GW's. Some have been removed and returned and some have remained gone.

I've definitely come to terms with all this and have way too much going on to really stress about it, compared to the way I felt when i was first diagnosed I am happy.

Just thought I'd say thanks to the moderators who offer some really great advice and being there for all the people who are overwhelmed at first. I'm very grateful there are knowledgeable sophisticated means of researching something that is scarcely talked about.

It's important to remember that this is not the end of the world, there is so much more in the world, so save your stress for the uphill battles because they are never ending.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:09 am 
Site Admin

Hey there,

Wow, we first chatted back in January 2008. Thank you so much for your kind words and for giving us the update. Dealing with warts for three years has got to be annoying and frustrating, to say the least. It seems like you're doing pretty well, though, which I'm really happy to hear.

If you don't mind my asking, what have your health care providers been doing for you? I took a quick look at some of our previous exchanges and saw where we once discussed Aldara cream.

Post anytime.

Best,
Fredo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:35 pm 

I went multiple times to the dermatologist where i received the liquid nitrogen treatments, they did not take, and the warts kept re-appearing, this came to a conclusion when I had the unfortunate experience of dealing with a very unprofessional doctor with terrible patient rapport. I was prescribed aldara but never tried it, as I was younger, dumber and afraid. After that I lost my insurance and decided to treat at home with vinegar. I'm getting back on an insurance plan so maybe I can find another dermatologist soon.

I know its not the ideal treatment but it was working.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:20 am 
Site Admin

It's really difficult when you have a health care provider who doesn't have good skills in relating to a patient's needs. As if you weren't dealing with enough already.

Please keep in touch and let us know how things are going.

Fredo :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]