ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:19 pm 

Okay I had sex with a current partner around 2 weeks ago unprotected. The day after I started having burning during urination and pain around the top of my penis plus dry skin. So I called the girl and told her what was going on and she came over and looked at my penis and said she didn't see anything, it just look irritated. So I wait it out for about 4 days while she goes to her doctor and gets tested and then I go to a planned parenthood to get tested. So I'm sitting there talking to the doctor and she kind of looks at my penis(meaning she just stood over it from a distance) and said I probably have clymidia or NGU, but maybe it could be early signs of herpes. she asks if I ever had cold sores, and to my knowledge I never have, but I tell her I get canker sores a lot and she says that's not the same. We do all the tests and I take some pills. The burning went away, but the tip of my head was still sensitive and I had dry skin still. I should clarify that the "dry skin" wasn't noticable until I would masturbate. The next day I go see another doctor for some other issues I was having(still don't know why I didn't do this all at one doctor.) I tell him about the STD check I just had and asked him to look at my penis because she didn't. So he looks and he's like well this is not herpes this looks like clymida and he opened up my pee hole and it was red and inflammed. So he asks about cold sores and I say no and tell him about the canker sores I get and he tells me that canker sores are Herpes type 1. So I look at him puzzled and tell him the doctor I just saw told me it wasn't herpes type 1. blah! He says I should be fine just on those pills.

So about 8 days later I get a call from planned parenthood says all my tests were negative except herpes1. So she tells me about cold sores and I explain again I'm pretty sure I've never had a cold sore but I get cankers and another doctor just told me that was herpes1. she says no it isn't(ugh). So I'm still having dry skin and a little bit of pain in my uretha, no lesions or sores or bumps oh and my seamen is yellow. She just said, well maybe its herpes and tells me to keep an eye on it.

So here I am now about 2 and a half weeks after the initial pain started and I have really nothing to go off of. This website or any others doesn't list dry skin, or yellow seamen as symptoms of herpes. As far as canker sores I can't get a straight answer online or from a doctor. I understand that I am carrying the herpes1 virus I just want to know if I have it in my genitals or not and if what I'm going through is an outbreak. Any insight on what I should do or what this could be?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:06 pm 

canker sores are not oral herpes. they are 2 totally different things. That said, you can have both orally.

I assume your hsv1 igg blood test came back as positive that you were spoken to about cold sores?

betsy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:06 pm 

Yes, my blood test came back positive for hsv1. I was spoken too about cold sores, but as I've never had any, she was thinking maybe the symptoms I have been having on my penis is the hsv1, but she couldn't be sure. It's just not really reassuring. I don't want to pass it to anyone, but I can't seem to get an answer. *sigh*

..and thank you for clarifying that canker sore business. I'm really angry that doctor told me it was hsv1.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:41 am 

only 20-40% of folks who have hsv1 orally, get obvious cold sores to know it.

testing + for hsv1 as early as you did means it wouldn't have been a recently acquired hsv1 infection. your symptoms you had genitally sounded more like something non-herpes going on.

betsy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:29 pm 

okay thank you so much for your help! I'm going to the doctor today to see if I can get this squared away.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:02 am 

just dry skin lingering isn't worrisome at all. your other symptoms cleared up with the antibiotics you were given correct?

betsy

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:31 am 

Yes, the medicine just made the burning go away. I still have pain in the tip of my penis, blotchy red/dry skin and yellow seamen. The other day my pee hole was really red and inflamed but then it went away in a day. You know maybe the skin issue is nothing, but when I look at it you know how you just know something isn't how it usually is? That's the way I feel, I can feel and see that just something isn't right.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:56 pm 

well time to go back for additional testing. did they check your prostate yet?

betsy

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:30 am 

Hi, well, I'm back. okay, so I've been to now a total of 3 doctors. The last one suggested I go see a urologist(?) about my yellow seamen. So I was onboard to go do that, but the pain and yellow seamen went away before my appointment could come like a week ago...so I guess I won't do that now. He did check for a prostate infection and he said it all good. I'm just really curious on what was going on, and nobody could tell me anything. It doesn't appear its an STD but i dont know. I still am having one other symptom.. its the dry/flakey skin. The skin on my penis is just not right. I had protected sex like 3 days ago and in the morning I woke up and it was all red and ugh it didn't look right. So I've been putting lotion and vaseline on it and its getting back to normal but today i put on lotion and like the dry skin came off in clumps and the whole thing is just really weird. I know you told me not to worry about it but I am, and doctors don't see how the skin looks after sex/masturbation so they all think it looks fine. Could I have some kind of bacteria or should I see a dermatologist? I wouldn't be so worried if this is how I have always been, but it all started like a month ago. :/

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:12 pm 

I'd still keep the appointment with the urologist for a further work up at this point.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]