ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Here goes
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:02 pm 

Time to go back and be seen each time you have symptoms to try to get to the bottom of things. Try to be seen within 48 hours of the appearance of symptoms and ask for a lesion culture and typing to confirm that all that is going on is herpes related.

betsy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:48 am 

Hi Betsy, I have more questions. I thought I was handling the hsv1&2 ok. I seem to have an outbreak (from hsv2) every month or so and it last anywhere from 2-3 weeks. It seems I don't get much of an escape from hsv. :( Here are my questions:

1. The hsv seems to have expanded. My first ob was near the hood of the clitorius, as well as the following obs. Now I have an ob between the lower part of the vagina and the anal area. Is this suppose to happen? I try to be very careful so as not to speard the infection to other parts of my body.

2. My friends invited my to a water park. If I am having an ob, is it safe to participate on the water slides and in the pool?

Thanks for your time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:09 pm 

have you been back for further work ups?

no, you won't transmit it to others in a pool.

betsy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:13 pm 

yes, I have been back to my obgyn. She says to keep taking the medication when I have obs. She says it will help lessen the number of days for the ob, but that is not true. I am thinking about changing physicians. This one does not seem very helpful. Thanks betsy for your help to many of my questions.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:41 pm 

certainly way past time for further evaluation to try to figure just what all is going on besides your herpes!! You have plenty of terrific providers to chose from out your way :)

betsy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:59 pm 

Yes, I say having OB every 2 weeks is unfortunately common, speaking from experience. Do a google search for “HSV continuous outbreaks about 2 weeks apart” look at a post on medhelp.org. This lady did a lot of research on HSV and frequent OB’s.

Also, I had a red spot on my lip and my freakin nose of all things. I know its HSV, nobody has to prove it to me.. it finally went away.

I feel your pain. I’m going to try the Famvir like she did, I get sick from Valtrex.

J.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:48 pm 

Hey rcturn46 i read you post. I had a single pimple/bump on my genital. i still don't know if i have herpes or i don't since it gone. If you don't mind me asking how does your pimple look like?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2