ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: wondering
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:37 pm 

Hi all.

Here is my story. I was on here a while ago. I posted a about a concern I had with my test results.

To bring everyone up to speed a few years ago I was accused of giving someone HSV2. She was tested by culture and told me it was HSV2. To this ay she still claims it was me even wth the negative test results. She was tested with a culture test. I went and got tested and came back as negative for HSV2 and positive for HSV1 This was well after the 6 months of her claims. Actually, for piece of mind I got tested twice. Same results.

I posted the results on the board and Betsy assured me I was HSV2 negative. Which I believe. However, I am starting to question my HSV1 location? I assumed it was oral. I get a small cold sore from time to time. I had sex on Friday (no climax) and I masterbated on Saturday. Saturday night, I started to notice some tenderness in the tip of my penis when I peed, some burning my scrotumn area and thighs and some tingling in my foot . I do not see any visable lesions.

Now my question are
1. Could this be a HSV1 infection and the sex caused an outbreak or it just tenderness and the symptoms are that of HSV1.
2. Could I have been starting an outbreak on Friday, no symptoms I can remember. 3. Could I just be overreacting?
4. Could this be a bacterial infection now?

I cannot remember the last time I had symptoms like this one. Several years ago I had the typical symptoms of a HSV infection, swollen lymp nodes in the legs area, lower back pain etc. Was I infected then with HSV1 and wrote it off as a bacterial infection.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: wondering
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 8:49 pm 

BTW..

The soreness in the tip has subsided since Saturday, but I still have the burning feeling in my thigh, top of my foot and scrotum.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:20 am 

Update.. Scrotum and inner thighs still have the burning feeling going along with the tops of my feet? This comes and goes through out the day.

No burning on the tip of my penis as of now and it doesn't hurt to pee?

Would the burning feeling last this long if it was a HSV1 outbreak in my genital area? It's been since Saturday/Sunday.

Thank

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:50 am 

no this doesn't sound like herpes going on. if it continues, be seen for some basic testing and an exam.

you get cold sores, you know your hsv1 is oral.

betsy

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:14 am 

Betsy...

I get what seems to be a small cold sores from time to time, but I cannot ever remember having a full blown one. I can't say it has never happened?

Today the top of my penis is sore where it meets the foreskin. Tip is a little tender. The burning feeling in my scrotum feeling comes and goes. When it is present I get the feeling in the entire scrotumn.

Let's go back to Saturday, would it be common for the tip to be sore before I would feel the burning in my scrotum if it was a herpes outbreak? or should scrotum burning comes first as the sign that the virus is working it's way to the surface. The tip was definatley sore before I started to feel any burning.

I feel nauseated, but I am not sure if that is just from my nerves.

Any other guess as to what it could be?

Thanks Betsy...

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:03 am 

if it continues for more than a few days, I'd see your provider. sound more like a prostatitis or even a fungal infection more than it does herpes.

was it protected sex friday? Is it a regular partner?

betsy

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:24 am 

Betsy...

No and No... I am not proud if that fact and that is probably what has me most worried. I guess I didn't learn my lesson, but I have now.

What is killing me is the fact I do not know for sure where my HSV1 resides. What are the numbers on HSV genital infections?

I guess the only thing I am thinking is the fact that tip was sore so fast leads me to think it is not herpes but something else. Do you tend to agree with that fact? In fact I really didn't start noticing anything until after I masterbated on Saturday.

Like I said I have not had any other outbreaks or issues that would deem hsv related. I know this does not mean much cause it can hide for years. However, I guess I can't see how or why all of a sudden would decide to show up, without any warning signs the day after sex. I have been with others in the past few years and it has not exposed itself afterwards.

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:10 pm 

you'll need a week before you can test for chlamydia and gonorrhea from the encounter friday. syphilis is a 6 week wait. herpes and hiv a 3 month wait.

betsy

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:02 pm 

Betsy..

Thanks...

A new symptom. I am starting to feel some discomfort in my testes... not anything earth shaking, but I can tell there is something not quiet right.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:57 pm 

not really anything else I can add.

betsy

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:48 pm 

Betsy...

Thanks for yuor replies and patience.

I stopped and gave a urine sample at a provider today. They said there was some extra white blood cells but they did not think there was enough to cause an issue to be a bacterial infection?

Not a doctor so I do not understand that comment? Would they see white blood cells in urine or is there a way they can measure for WBC in urine? Wouldn't be the type of bacteria in the urine. The Doc also stated that UTIs are very rare in men?

I asked about STDs and he examained the area and stated nothing looked STD related. I told him about my HSV1 and 2 status. He said he felt very strongly that it wasn't HSV related do to the lack of symptoms. Not sure how he could tell that from a visual exam since from what I understand sysmptoms could be very minor.

One more question for you...

If it is from a bacterial infection, shouldn't I have a fever? also, if it were to be a HSV issue wouldn't you also have a fever due to the body fighting the infection, or doesn't the body produce a fever if it has antibodies built up?

Thanks Betsy...

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:12 pm 

You usually don't get a fever with ngu/urethritis or bacterial std's to be honest.

I'd wait and if you aren't better in a few days, return to be seen again for proper std testing.

betsy

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:15 pm 

Betsy...

I should have the results back tomorrow on the bacterial issues.

If is HSV would there be a fever, even if it is a recurrance? Sorry, I am stuck on the HSV1 issues even though you and the provider said it is unlikely. Remember I did test negative for HSV2 twice.

Sorry, just trying to understand.

Most of the burning in my groin etc has gone away. The tip of my penis is still tender.

Thanks again..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:36 am 

Ok Betsy...

I know you are the verg of shooting me.. but have you ever heard of this issue..

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatolog ... how/242747

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:03 am 

You need to walk away from the computer and keep yourself occupied with something other than obsessing about what might be going on in your genital area at this point dear.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next