ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: blah
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:33 pm 

okkkkk so. i just recently found out i carry hsv2 at the age of eighteen. lame right? Honestly, I've been a wreck over it for the past few months trying to get everything figured out, and it's finally kinda getting better but i'm hoping this website will be what i need to just get over it. I haven't even thought about being close to a man yet cause it still weirds me out, but i don't think im comfortable dating someone without it yet, and ive heard of a few websites that are kind of like online dating but i was hoping someone would know a few. I'm not nearly ready to date yet but just for the future. I don't know what advice I even need right now I feel like I've read everything I can but am still confused. I guess thats my story!

Post subject: Re: blah
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:58 pm 

So what testing have you had done so far? if you had a blood test done, can you please call and get the results to post here for me to look at - e.g. hsv1 igg 6.9 and hsv2 igg 3.2 or whatever they are? that way I can be sure you had proper testing done and don't need further confirmatory testing done.

betsy

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:11 am 

Yeah i've done the igg twice so we're pretty positive. no pun intended.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 12:26 pm 

there are false positive issues with the hsv2 igg tests so if you've never had any symptoms but had a + hsv2 igg, even twice, it's well worth posting the results for me to look at.

did you have any questions so far?

betsy

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:41 pm 

I did the igg tests both times, one just said positive and the other was positive with 4.63. I've never had any symptoms, but my inner thigh felt really sensitive to touch the other day, and i didn't know if that was maybe a symptom! I'm kinda in this rut dealing with it, and this site has helped a lot but I'm still kind of confused on a few things. I didn't know if there was any other precautions i could take besides using a condom, and if there was any dating sites to meet other people like me! I can't even fathom right now dating someone without it, do you always have to use a condom? It just seems pretty tough to handle right now, so i wanted to try dating other people like me

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:33 pm 

It's always totally up to you and your partner what precautions to take. If you have a male partner and do nothing but avoid sex anytime anything was going on genitally, he would be 96% likely each year NOT to contract hsv2 from you. If you take daily suppressive therapy, the risk to him would be cut in half. It's really not nearly as contagious as everyone thinks it is.

just make sure that was a hsv2 igg of 4.63 and not a combined hsv1/2 igg.

there are herpes dating sites. mpwh.net is probably the largest and been around the longest.

betsy

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:35 pm 

Thank you so much! And I was wondering if this is related: one time my thigh got really sensitive to touch, and now i have these bumps on the back of my thigh. I've never had an outbreak//symptoms, but could those be symptoms??

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:08 pm 

You'd need to go and be seen and get these checked out to see if they look like herpes or not.

You might also want to consider doing a herpes WB blood test too to confirm your status if you've never had symptoms.

betsy

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 2:11 am 

Whats is different about the WB than the other ones?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:48 pm 

the WB blood test looks at more of the igg response to herpes than the other herpes igg tests do.

betsy

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 10:29 pm 

As much as I'd like it to be different we're positive i'm positive! and i had that tingling sensitive feeling on my thigh again so i'm starting to think its a wanna be outbreak or something

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:49 am 

if you get the tingling and no obvious lesions, be seen to try to get a better idea of what is going on. even when you do have genital herpes, not everything that goes on is due to herpes.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]