ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: wondering
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:47 pm 

Betsy...

OK.. I walked away for a little. I felt like things were getting better. The burning sensation during urination subsided somewhat, but I just talked to my GP and he said my urine test came back clear? He did claim there were white blood cells in the specimen he took but the test still came back negative.

So, could urine have white blood cells at this point for anything other than a STD? What do they normally look for in an urine test?

I still did not show any other symptoms other than the burning during urination, buring scrotum and some burning sensation in my foot.

As I stated, the burning sensation started last Sunday? In your opinion could it be from anythng else?

I am going to line up some STD testing, but my biggest concern is I have HSV1 in my gentitals as that is the only thing I tested for positive for in the past. Of course I could have picked up something new.

Thoughts?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:20 pm 

Betsy..

the only other symptom I just noticed is some white builup under my forskin.. Could the urine test miss something?

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:41 am 

smegma is pretty normal.

nothing else I can really add other than if symptoms continue, return for further testing.
betsy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:13 am 

Betsy..

Again.. Thanks for you patience. I am going to get a round of testing for anything new starting next week since I will be one week after exposure.

The symptoms have pretty much subsided, except some mile tenderness on the top of the penis where the foreskin meets the head (circumcised). I also have a little tenderness out size of the whole. Very minor irritation after I done peeing on the head.

Quick review of symptons. Burning urination two days after sex, burning scrotum an some burning on the top of the feet. I did masterbate Saturday, plus a 25 mile mountain bike ride on Friday. (Thinking tramua to the area.) No visable signs of leasions. By Thursday symptoms were subsiding and urintaion pain gone. Friday, some minor tenderness but nothing earthshaking? The top of the penis where the foreskin and head meet is tender, maybe a mild sunburn type feeling. Looks like the white stuff under the forrskin might me dried skin accumlating from this area. No burning sensations during urination. Negative unine test for bacteria but positive for a "very small about of white bloode cells" To quote the person to tested the specimen, it looks like something might be starting.

My last set of questions

1. still biggest one does this sound like it could have been a HSV1 outbreak (HSV2 negative on last round of tests).
2. Didn't really think of this until today, but should I have tried a swab test on the urethera for HSV1 when i went for my urine test?

Thanks again for all of your help. I will post my results next week and someone else might have the same questions down the road. Of course they will not be nearly as obsessive as I am... ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

1. still biggest one does this sound like it could have been a HSV1 outbreak (HSV2 negative on last round of tests).

Genital HSV-1 outbreaks tend to be milder and less frequent than their HSV-2 counterparts. Difficult to assess what is the most likely cause of your symptoms. Burning scrotum and issues with the feet are not what characteristic of genital HSV-1, but as Betsy says ask your doctor to help you figure out what is most likely responsible.

2. Didn't really think of this until today, but should I have tried a swab test on the urethera for HSV1 when i went for my urine test?

A swab for herpes (which is done for a culture test) is typically done on skin where suspected lesions are present. This test is most accurate with non-healing lesions that are part of an initial outbreak. Healing or recurrent lesions tend to yield less accurate results.

Best,
Fredo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2