ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: herpes from toilet seat.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:58 am 

Hi well I asked about getting herpes from a toilet seat because I contracted genital herpes about 24 years ago from my then husband, we were having oral sex and he had a cold sore on his lip. I get sore's sometimes on the top of my butt crack, Now my 14 year old son broke out with some strange looking sore's on the top of his butt crack in the exact same place that I get my sores. I'm taking him tomorrow to get tested. I'm worried sick. This boy hasn't even been kissed yet. I'm feeling just sick about this, How could I have done this?? I was always pretty careful. My son is a big germ freak too. What am I gonna do if it comes back positive? I don't know If I can go on. Help!!! Also he doesn't know that I have it, I don't think I should tell him do you??He would hate me. I don't know what to do. I called the health dept. yesterday and they said there is a small possibility that he could catch it off the toilet seat...OH MY GOD!!! When I looked at his sore's he had scratch a couple and they didn't look to good but there was another one and it was like a little dark colored sack thing. I put antibiotic cream on everything.Now he only has a little scab on one place. Does this sound like herpes. thanks

Last edited by gendtd24 on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:19 pm 

It's very unlikely he contracted your hsv1 from a toilet seat. once you take him to be seen, you'll have better answers. if they suspect herpes, he should have a lesion culture done on it too, visual diagnosis only is unacceptable.

let us know how things turn out!

betsy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:12 pm 

Ok thank you so much, you are the only one I can talk to. Nobody knows that I have it. I hope and pray my son didn't contract it. I hope you are right, Thank you so much for talking with me. I'm going crazy. I will let you know what happens. How long do you have to wait for test results. I don't think I'll make it much longer I'm stressing out so bad that I will probabley get and out break. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:41 pm 

:D Ok I recieved my son's test results today...yeah no herpes. Im the happiest Mom around. Thanks again for talking with me, Im glad to know there is somebody out there that has the same problems Thanks Again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:14 am 

I'm so happy for you and your son! I am always scared about my babies too. My son gets diaper rashes that look exactly like the only noticeable ob I've ever had. It scares me even though the research right now says you can only contract it through sex. I still wonder if maybe I've given it to him at some point.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]