ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hsv-1
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:26 pm 

I need help. I got standard std testing on April 7, 2011 because i developed a single pimple or bump on my shaft. I had unprotected oral sex and protected sex on feb for the first time with friend who had many bf in the past . So i thought i contact std. The test came back positive for herpes 1/2 igg non specific testing 57. Went back to take the specific igg testing about 3 month came back positive for hsv-1 4.44 and neg for hsv-2 0.91. Did i get hsv-1 in genitals? I never had a cold sore in the past. Also never had a gf. 4.44 is high does it mean i just had a outbreak? The pimple looked big with clear/yellow puss. I poped it and it went away. It too late to go to the doctor. I been stressing out over this can't get it out of my mind. Symptom i had was burning that comes and go,sore/pain testicle. Does this sound like herpes?

Post subject: Re: Hsv-1
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:48 pm 

this doesn't sound like genital herpes going on.

odds are your hsv1 is oral whether you can recall an obvious cold sore or not ever.

should your symptoms reoccur, be seen and get them looked at again.

betsy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:30 pm 

thank you betsy. I grew a very small red pimple about 3 week after but it went away in a week in the same spot. Can it be herpes but very mild?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:07 am 

typically a newly acquired hsv1 genital infection presents with very obvious symptoms that are very "classic" in their presentation. Only having 1 lesion with a new infection isn't likely. they also tend to be more blister like than pimple like plus hurt a lot.

betsy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:37 pm 

thank you betsy so i should stop worrying about it. The bump did hurt a bit only when i touch it like a pimple. I did get tinglings and burning sensation that come and goes from my shaft. And some testicle pain. Are those herpes symptom?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:40 pm 

last question I been get very bad itching near my testicle and anal to this day. Im a male that had unprotected oral and protected sex once. herpes related?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:51 pm 

sounds more like a fungal infection/jock itch than a std.

betsy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:26 am 

very small red pimple appear again. It the third time. I pretty sure it herpes or wart. :( im planning to go parenthood tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:53 pm 

hey, betsy i went to std clinic today. They took a look at small pimple at my shaft. They told me they don't know what it is. I told them can it be wart? He said he don't know hard to tell since it very small. He told me that he could pick off the pimple and sent it to the lab to check if it wart but it will cost me $595. I was like damm too much. I told him to take a swab test check if it herpes. He did; took a small amount of blood from the pimple 10-15 min he told me if was negative. How accurate is the test the doctor gave me? 10-15 for result?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:36 pm 

are you also posting about this over on medhelp? I ask because this is starting to resemble a conversation over there.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]