ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Herpes PSA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:18 pm 

I am tired of herpes being used as the joke STD and making people who do have it made to feel like dirty, slutty, horrible people. I have seen enough devastated people on here who think their love lives are over because they have just found out they are HSV positive. I am tired of worrying myself sick when I have a new partner that I have HSV for fear of rejection because they know nothing of the infection or what they know is misinformed. I've had it for over 18 years and am l lucky to have very few outbreaks. I am not promiscuous, always used protection and have not had very many partners. In fact my very first sexual partner gave me HSV1 genitally. I am tired of feeling bad for something that happened to me.

There are some great pro-gay ads out there (anyone see the fckh8 videos??) Why can't we do something like that for herpes??? I think we need to band together to educate the people that HSV is not something to be ashamed up and that is not nearly as devastating as one may think!! We need to start our own FCKHSV campaign!!!!

Who's with me!!!
:mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Herpes PSA
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:28 pm 

I would be with you, however I'm busy being devasted and considering the end...

:(

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]