ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: NEW to the "CLUB"
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:49 am 

Hi all,
-well, Last month I joined the "Club" w/ Genital herpes. Found out last week. Did the anger thing but not lingering with it.
-spoke/speak to my girl about it quite candidly/easily...it's actually curious how we are easily able to have "fun" with communicating about it---ok, we're not the norm.
-have been reading tons about it and still have questions whos answers I've yet to find online...so, if anyone can further educate me:
a) When I masterbate can I "spread" out the outbreak onto my scrotum, further down my shaft?
b) When she masterbates can she "spread" it further on her person?
c) If I have an outbreak can it be spread further, to other parts of my body, just by rubbing against my underwear

(I'm feeling silly about these questions but that won't stop me!)

d) When adjusting my penis while walking/driving/whatever, if I pick my nose afterward might sores develop in my nostrils...(silly but trying to see the limits)
e) I guess basically, can I spread genital herpes further onto MYSELF?
f) My girl has genital herpes (passed it to me), can we/should we still use precautions with eachother or, we've got it and it aint gonna get worse? so have at it

Rediculous to some, I'm sure, but no doubt important to me and my girl.

Thanks to anyone for their input. Figuratively speaking!
D

Post subject: Re: NEW to the "CLUB"
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:09 am 

forgot to ask..
she and i enjoy oral...is there a problem continueing to give eaachother oral....or do we need "protection"?
HazMat suits perhaps?
ok I'm kidding! about the suits.

If she's asystematic (not showing sores, etc) can I do oral on/for her?

Thanks again
D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:52 am 

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. Was working all weekend and didn't have time to check the board :(

Do you have hsv1 or hsv2 genitally?

has your partner been tested to know her status too?

you already have genital herpes in the entire nerve ganglia below the waist. You won't spread it anywhere - it's already there!

betsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:18 am 

Hi, and thank you for responding...

You say I already have it so I wond spread it anywhere on me?

So, if I masterbate I won't spread the virus further up, down, or around my genitals? Really?

If I use saliva, is it possible for it to spread to my mouth? (due to hand to mouth saliva application)?

If my girlfriend and I have the same (1 or 2) is protected sex required? I suspect we have the same since I got it from her...she's going to Dr. today...not certain if 1 or 2, Dr. didn't tell me or I was so freaked initially I didn't hear---waiting for return call from Dr.

I'm over the initial shock and now it's time to understand what I can and can't/shouldn't do. We, GF and I, have really mature (and immature) conversations about it. If I do oral on her, will it spread to my mouth? Seems like it would...hey, but what do I know, I'm a 56 yo chef!

I'm sorry I'm writing haphazardly.
AND, thanks again for your response...it's GREATLY appreciated!

She never knew she had it so how would we know if she's having an outbreak?, if we can only do certain "acts" when she has or hasn't got an outbreak.

I'm reading voraciously about GH but nowhere, that I've seen, is there a "checklist" for do's and don't's during an outbreak or after, with someone who has the same form or, with someone who has the other form. Do you know of one? or am I just not understanding all the info and extrapolating the info I'm looking for (I don't need to know I'm not understanding stuff, I'd like to know where to find the right info, if not from you folks). I realize if I were to be with someone who doesN'T have GH, I need to use protection always...yes?

I hope you can answer these questions in a better manner han I asked them.

And, once again, thank you so much for your time and understanding. I think I love you! :P

Yours sincerly,
D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:42 pm 

No worries about masturbation. Always best to use a sex lube instead of saliva -works better .

Definitely you both have to know who has what. If your lesion culture wasn't typed, you'll need a type specific herpes igg blood test done.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:44 pm 

Funny thing BeZ, my doc, who I think is a good one, said they, whoever they are, aren't making a distinction btwx the two.
I find it hard to believe so I made an appt w/ an infectious disease dr.
Other than my saliva masterbation thing...no other info regarding my other comments?
Thanks for your input so far.
D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:01 pm 

Your provider is behind the times on herpes ot sounds like :( Type does matter! I encourage you to read the herpes info on the main asha site as well as google Terri Warren's free herpes handbook.

An infectious disease consult isn't really needed either. Your provider just needs to order the blood work if they disregarded CDC guidelines and didn't type your culture.

Once you and your partner know who has what, I'll be able to answer the rest of your questions :)

Betsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:28 pm 

Tell me what this means please.
My Dr. said I have Genital Herpes.
My girlfriend was checked and was told she doesnt.

HSV I/II IgG <0.9
HSV, IgM I/II Combination 0.95
RPR Non Reactive

SURVEY SAYS........

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:06 pm 

any thoughts on my previous post?
anyone?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:18 pm 

are those her results?

the wrong herpes testing was done and it will need repeated with proper testing. That is a non-type specific herpes igg blood test which is a total waste of time and money :( It says absolutely nothing about herpes status even though it's negative. It's not as accurate at picking up herpes infections as type specific tests either. Also the igm herpes test should no longer be drawn on adults either. The provider who ordered this testing needs to update their herpes testing knowledge.

rpr is syphillis testing and it's negative.

betsy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:01 am 

Thanks Bet-Z.

Not to be a jerk and with due respect...
It would be nice if you offered info on the correct test and other positive info that I could use to make progress as opposed to simply negative/ criticism. Jusss'sayin.

I do however appreciate your time and you are applauded for your commitment to providing info for people in need. Thanks

D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:12 pm 

Are they your results or hers?
A type specific test differentiates between hsv1 and hsv2. There are many different brands out there. The blood testing will need repeated with the proper testing.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]