ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:27 pm 

Hi Fredo, BesteyB, and the rest of the gang!!

It's been a long time. Over a year. But you all were on my mind and in my heart. I just wanted to say thank you thank you for the support you guys gave me when I was diagnosed with Herpes and HPV back in .... (geeze I can't remember). I just wanted to give you all an update. SO far I'm doing well and guess what I'm still dating the same guy (3 1/2 years strong). He accepted me for who I was and not for what I had. Because of your love and support, I was strong enough to be honest and he has been strong enough to accept me. So far it's been a great ride for both of us. We have fun, we don't have sex if I am having an outbreak and I haven't had one for 19 months. WOW!!!!!!!!! AMAZING.

Also, I am finishing up my Masters Degree and we are even talking marriage now. I remember when I was hopeless but I thank GOD for all of you. It's because of you I'm still going strong. My doc says I'm doing well and to continue progress and well lose a few pounds ( hey I love cupcakes and cookies :lol: )

Hope you hear from all of you guys. I'm back to help and to learn. A little rusty in knowlege but just want to be a shoulder for anyone who is dealing with Herpes and or HPV. I am putting this same post in the HPV post as well. Remember gang, H&H is not the end, it's how you choose to see the situation at hand :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:35 pm 

Congrats! Glad things are still going so well :)
Best of luck for you both with your future together!

Betsy

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:13 pm 

Thank You Betsy!!!

You were such an inspiring motivator and I just wanted you to know that you should be proud to say that you have a success story. hehehehe :D

Because of your words of wisdom and swift kicks in my bottom to keep me from feeling so blue, I gained the confidence in myself to say I will not let Herpes define me. Now I still have my outbreaks every now and then but I am better prepared to handle them because of your advice. I remember when I first told my partner about my Herpes Status and I was literally shaking. He grabbed my hand and I had no idea he knew more about the virus than I thought. He was supportive and most of all kind. He said he accepted me and accepted everything that comes with me if I would accept him the same way. I thought I was dreaming but I remembered what you said, " I was more than this virus"

Thank you so much for your help. I never forgot those who were here for me on this board and I hope to just be that shoulder for someone else. It's my way of giving back. Sending you hugs and lots of love. Please continue to bless others :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]