ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:36 pm 

So, 4yrs, almost to the day, of my initial/only OB, I'm back with another... 3yrs of ST, as my initial OB was horrendous and I was terrified of anything similar. Three weeks of excrutiating pain, and hardly any symptom-relief or sleep...

I have had relationships since then, have not been rejected because of the HSV2. Am currently in a committed (discordant, I think, it is? I have it, he doesn't.) relationship, things are really wonderful. Problem is, I didn't realize I was having an OB! We used non-latex condoms a couple times, and I thought the discomfort was from that. (Never used non-latex before; haven't used - ha, haven't needed to! - non-latex before. Am sensitive to latex; yay, yeast infections. Get them pretty frequently, specially after latex condoms, gr.) And in my stupidity, forgot to re-up my laxed scrip for antivirals, as I hadn't needed them!

Come to find out, it was on OB. Needless to say, we're freaked and I'm stressed. I don't want to give this to him, nor does he want to get it. (Granted, we've taken the chance w/o using protection, but never an OB.) And his choice of wording isn't helping the situation- playing with fire, dancing with the devil...

So I guess all this comes down to is a lil reassurance and support that the pain, the shame, the self-loathing does get better...
I have the Acyclovir now, the epsom salts, the dermoplast, the bandaids to cover the lesion on the back of my thigh, am drinking lots to dilute my urine...

I'm just far away from home now, and my old Dr and friends, and it's just a lil tough at the moment...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:08 pm 

Welcome to the board :)

how were you diagnosed originally?

has your partner been tested to know his status ?

so what do you do now? well honestly nothing you can do at this point. should your partner develop any symptoms within 2-20 days of the last time you had sex, he should be seen promptly for a lesion culture and typing and treatment. Is he absolutely going to have herpes now? no, it's not 100%. only time will tell.

betsy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:57 pm 

Visual inspection, lesions cultured (which turned out inconclusive), then 4mos later a blood test. I posted my results back then, and you confirmed the diagnosis.

He was tested about a year ago, negative. No symptoms as of yet, will keep an eye, then will blood-test in 4mos...

I know nothing is 100%~ ('cept death and taxes!) Was just down in the dumps, is all...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:55 pm 

as long as you two continue in the this relationship, I wouldn't bother with having him test in 4 months. We recommend yearly or less often even in a situation like yours unless he would develop symptoms.

oh good that I did all the double checking for you already :)

make sure you are using lube with those condoms too. You can check online for ones that are less likely to cause vaginitis too.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]