ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:52 pm 

Hi,

Let me say how much I appreciate you for recognizing that those of us with a little gray hair sometimes appreciate having our own space. I don't really have anything else to say! I have used these boards for a couple of weeks now, mainly lurking, and it's nice to know there is a place where maybe I can interact with others in my age group.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:11 pm 

Hello Abacus,

Glad to have you on the boards! We too hope that this particular forum will continue to grow and that you'll have more company here soon.

Ally

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:30 pm 

I burned my favorite nicks when the registration failed. Looks like it's fixed now.

I'm in the senior category at age 61. I've had HSV2 since 1995 and am now married to my second wife who is still negative for both types after being together since Jan of 1999. We have 5 kids and 10 grandkids.

I'll be checking in from time to time. I'm usually over at the racoon.com boards.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:01 pm 

Thought I'd bump things up and see if we can generate some senior activity.

Post subject: anybody out there?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:20 pm 

I don't see a real recent post here, and I'm new to this so hope someone reads this. I really need to talk. I learned I have herpes 8 years ago. I have not had a relationship since that time. I'm now to the point that I'm tired of being alone yet not too anxious to tell my secret to anyone. Only me and my doctor know what I have. It's a lonely life. I'm looking for support groups in my area (Illinois) and I don't think there are any. Any encouragement you have, I would be happy to hear.

Thanks
Still optimistic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:25 pm 

No matter what your age, you can always post in the herpes group too :)

There's a chicago HELP group - not sure how close you are to there. If you aren't close to them - contacting them for info on groups in the IL area would probably be the best best - http://www.chicagohelp.org/ is their website.

betsy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:38 pm 

I've had GH for going on 13 years. I didn't put my life on hold and there's really no good reason for you to, either. In that time I divorced my first wife, dated and am now married to a wonderful woman who is negative for both types by blood test.

Honestly, you're in a great age group because you'll find that more mature potential partners are a lot more realistic about life and love. For most of them herpes just isn't nearly as big a deal as finding someone to love. Don't be shy and don't buy into the silly stigma. GH is something that a quarter of the adult population has.

Betsy's link is a good one, but don't feel that you need to restrict your dating to only others with herpes. None of the women that I dated had GH and none of them ran away.

You might also click on the www link for either myself or Betsy and check out the forums there, too.

Let us know how we can help.

Post subject: oh thank you
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:53 pm 

Thanks for your suggestions. I will keep this all in mind and do some checking around. I'm so glad you answered me! I feel a little better. I still dread telling someone or anyone about this virus! I am in a very conservative area, and I can't imagine any person without the virus being okay having a relationship with someone who did. I don't even know how to keep from it spreading other than the obvious. Thanks again for the information.....

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]