ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:44 am 

so April 12th i was tested for chlamydia and gonnorea.

and April 14th I found out that i have chlamydia and was treated that day. I took azithromycin and ciprofloxacin, a total of 3 physical pills,

therefore I finished taking the meds on the 15th at 5:30 am, because of the like take the second azith 12 hours after the first is taken.

today is the 23rd and i don't know if I'm supposed to go in at some point and get retested or what? the symptoms seem to be gone. I'm currently with one guy and he was tested the week of and doesnt have it, apparently he had some sort of preventable shot :-/? I don't think we ever used a condom, although I am aware of the extreme benefits, and now i'm like paranoid that i should never have sex again after this experience...

stupid idea but we had sex using a condom probably the 15th or 16th and the following days after the 15th or 16th we had unprotected sex. luckily i'm on birth control, at least, but i know that doesnt protect me from any stds or stis.

so do i need to get retested? if so, how soon after treated? isn't there like a standard.. come back in one week to make sure it's gone or something

Could he have legally gotten somesort of std prevention shot? he said it prevented a mixture of std/sti's, not just chlamydia

could he be some sort of carrier by getting a non legal vaccine and give it to me but not show up positive himself?

help please...

-ihavechlam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:01 am 

please respond. seriously i don't know the answers and i've done tons of reasearchj since my almost wake up call. please help. i feel useless and miserable right now. i just ...............sldkfnasldkfnsnl i just feel bluntly,, like siht. depressed lonely sad, dark in a lonely sad bewildering room. i ust donte ven knw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:43 am 
Site Admin

Hi there,

Thanks for posting and sharing your story with us. It sounds like this is really, really difficult for you, and understandably so.

First, there is no such thing as a vaccine that prevents STDs. There is an HPV vaccine that is only approved for women, and of course a hepatitis vaccine, but nothing for other infections like chlamydia, gonorrhea, etc.

The info below is taken from CDC Treatment Guidelines at http://www.cdc.gov/STD/treatment/2006/u ... is.htm#uc4. You should check with your healthcare provider to see what's recommended for your specific case.

Normally women aren't urged to retest for chlamydia until about 3 months after treatment, but you should check with your healthcare provider since it's not clear if you might have been reinfected, or exactly what your partner's status might be. It's usually recommened to wait a week before having sex after a one-day course of treatment for chlamydia, for example.

Your partner should probably also be tested again, so have him check with his healthcare provider about this. Remember that many cases of chlamydia don't involve symptoms, so you might be smart to not have sex until you get a better confirmation of whether or not you and/or your partner need to do anything else.

I hope this helps! Post again if you have questions and if you don't mind checking in later to let us know how you are, we'll appreciate hearing from you.

Best,
Fredo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:22 am 

Message for I have chlam:

Hi there. I don't know if you'll get this or not...
I found out today that I have chlamydia and I'm feeling like I'm in a very sad, dark and lonely place too. I know you are probably over it now, since chlamydia is treatable and all. But if you'd be willing to help someone else who is feeling the way you felt then, that'd be nice. I just posted on the message board about it.

Post subject: maybe better now?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:59 pm 

Dear I Have Chal:

It's been a few months: Is it possible that your STI is in the past now?

I'm a former sufferer myself, trying to write a story on chlamydia and other STIs for a paper in SoCal. I'd love to hear about your story, if you've recovered or even if you've not, in hopes of helping others avoid this, or deal with it. The experts say that STIs are often turning points in our life development, and as you probably know, millions upon millions of us have lived through this.

Please respond here or at kitstolz@yahoo.com your anonymity is guaranteed, of course.

yours truly,
Kit Stolz

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]